Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Senate Blocks GOP Health Bill 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

7 years of voting to repeal 0bongocare and in this time nobody bothered to come up with something better???
By the time they 'fix it' to get more supporters, it will be a bloated abomination far worse than the current law.
I'm thinking members of Congress aren't worth the $15/hr min wage either.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... are-repeal

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If they had the same plan we did it would get fixed fast

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think the Republicans need to give up on this. They clearly can't make anything meaningful happen, and at this point they're just embarrassing themselves.

Now that America has had a few years of subsidized health care, "we" obviously aren't ready to give up the "free" shit.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:07 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Irony = The Party of Limited Govt (Republicans) struggling to implement a Govt mandated Health Care law.

WTF can they not understand about FREE MARKET and simple REPEAL?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Republitards doing what they do best. Nothing.

Divided we fall.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:

Let me get this straight. The Democrats ram through a deeply flawed, purely partisan wealth redistribution scheme without a single Republican vote, it absolutely wrecks the private health insurance market, and now that it needs to be "fixed", you're laying the blame at the Republicans' feet because the Democrats refuse to work with them to get rid of this horrible bill? Do I have that right?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

Let me get this straight. The Democrats ram through a deeply flawed, purely partisan wealth redistribution scheme without a single Republican vote, it absolutely wrecks the private health insurance market, and now that it needs to be "fixed", you're laying the blame at the Republicans' feet because the Democrats refuse to work with them to get rid of this horrible bill? Do I have that right?

yep, I like Obamacare. I've said it before. Now roast me.

Divided we fall.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Obummer care is a complete shit show.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The ACA is so great that there are counties and almost whole states that have no insurers left.

Forcing people to buy insurance is intolerable. No one is forced to buy a car so don't go there.

And if you don't know what the ACA's I.P.A.B. is then stop right now and go find out.

Forcing insurance policies for 70 year-olds include birth control and pregnancy coverage is equally nuts. There is no defense for this.

Ultimately the dems will pay the price. They really screwed over their most ardent supporters, the unions, with this. Even Jimmy Hoffa Jr himself wrote an open letter about how awful the ACA was. It hurt union worker hours and benefits and killed off the golden healthcare plans that unions scraped and sacraficed to build over the last century with the Cadillac Tax.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

I'm not interested in roasting you. I'm interested in an intellectually honest assessment of the current law, and how it should be fixed. The fact that you stand by the ACA in spite of the fact that it's an absolute trainwreck indicates to me that you're not even honest with yourself about how bad it is.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

The fact that you stand by the ACA in spite of the fact that it's an absolute trainwreck indicates to me that you're not even honest with yourself about how bad it is.

You should start off this statement with "in my opinion." It's not perfect but it's a good start, and if Republicans would help instead of obstruct then it could be better

Divided we fall.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
It's not perfect but it's a good start, and if Republicans would help instead of obstruct then it could be better

Republicans are obstructing? What, exactly, are they obstructing? Last time I checked, they're trying to repeal this disaster because of the havoc it's wreaking on the private insurance market. The Democrats are refusing to participate in that effort; THAT is obstruction. Democrats own 100% of the damage done by Obamacare, whether you want to admit it or not. This is THEIR problem to fix.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Even one of the ACA's originators, Harry Reid, admitted the ACA was designed to fail and destroy the private insurance market so that we would be "forced" onto Single Payer.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2013/aug/1 ... tual-sing/

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
It's not perfect but it's a good start, and if Republicans would help instead of obstruct then it could be better

Republicans are obstructing? What, exactly, are they obstructing? Last time I checked, they're trying to repeal this disaster because of the havoc it's wreaking on the private insurance market. The Democrats are refusing to participate in that effort; THAT is obstruction. Democrats own 100% of the damage done by Obamacare, whether you want to admit it or not. This is THEIR problem to fix.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next