Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Oregon ranchers fuming as "Rainbow Family" intent to set up 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aren't there a few guys sitting in prison for not using federal lands "legally"?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
what is the name of the stream they are getting their drinking water from? Just asking....not planning on taking a dump in it or anything....I wouldn't even consider such a thing....

You wouldn't be the only one shitting in the river unfortunately. Why do you think they smell the way they do? I think Southern Washington and Oregon have a pretty bad dirty hippy problem. Gives us upper class hippies a bad name.

If you are paying Bellingham rents, you are NOT a poor hippie, for sure.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Aren't there a few guys sitting in prison for not using federal lands "legally"?

Well, yes, but they believe they have Constitutional rights.

Is that the difference?

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
"...So ugly he couldn't get laid at a Rainbow Family event..."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That'd have to be one ugly mofo

Ooh, I feel a road trip coming on? :inlove:
I'm off work the 1st through the 4th. Oh, never mind. I just found out that people with jobs weren't invited.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back in the 70's they were in central Montana. My grandfather ran the local airport, and my mom remembers this suit flying in a private jet. After landing asked to use the bathroom and came out dressed in a bunch of hippy garb. She don't remember the name now, but remembered at the time his name was in the local papers as a big wig in that group. An organization like that would have to make some kind of cash flow to keep doing what they are doing.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
Back in the 70's they were in central Montana. My grandfather ran the local airport, and my mom remembers this suit flying in a private jet. After landing asked to use the bathroom and came out dressed in a bunch of hippy garb. She don't remember the name now, but remembered at the time his name was in the local papers as a big wig in that group. An organization like that would have to make some kind of cash flow to keep doing what they are doing.

Last name Clapp?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
This movement lived in Olympia for 10 years. A guy names Gideon Isreal used his 42-Acre property, called Rainbow Valley, in the 90's for "Peace Gatherings", where little mini-woodstocks were held numerous times a year. Lots of drugs, lots of garbage, lots of issues. Private security was hired to patrol the events, but their main job was to make sure the cops stayed OUT.

Eventually TCSO seized the property because of narcotics and it was turned into a wetland.

Basically, it's a place where people want to go, get high as fuck, find their inner self and leave. Guaranteed the land will be trashed too.

Didn't the same family do this up in Arlington too?

Yep:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Family

Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rayjax82 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
This movement lived in Olympia for 10 years. A guy names Gideon Isreal used his 42-Acre property, called Rainbow Valley, in the 90's for "Peace Gatherings", where little mini-woodstocks were held numerous times a year. Lots of drugs, lots of garbage, lots of issues. Private security was hired to patrol the events, but their main job was to make sure the cops stayed OUT.

Eventually TCSO seized the property because of narcotics and it was turned into a wetland.

Basically, it's a place where people want to go, get high as fuck, find their inner self and leave. Guaranteed the land will be trashed too.

Didn't the same family do this up in Arlington too?

Yep:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Family

I read on there that they flourished in Arlington in 1984 to whenever. I can tell you that we lived on Arlington heights road from 74' to 79' and knew they were there as early as 77 or 79. The larger presence that I recall was starting about 81' I left town in 82 an went into the service so no idea after that.
Do know a couple of people that were in a certain famous motorcycle club got a couple of different drugs from them often, I'd store their bikes at the gas station over night when they were to wasted or cops after them.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2