Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Parking idiots 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I stopped at Goodwill the other day, in Monroe.

As I was pulling up to the handicapped parking spot, (I have a placard.), I noticed that the spot was pretty wide, and had the 'walkway' on the side, opposite my door.

So I decided to be thoughtful about whoever might pull in on my driver's side. That spot was empty.

I parked pretty much right on the line, of the 'walkway'. That gave whomever pulled in beside me, a LOT of room to park.

Didn't cost me anything. And it was a way to be considerate to others.

When I came back out, I was flabbergasted! I stood there, and said very loudly, "You have GOT to be kidding me". And shook my head.

People noticed. LOL

I thought about staying there, and waiting for the person to come out, so I could ask them just what the heck was going through their mind, when they parked.

Then decided that the only thing in residence between their ears was probably just a bunch of entitled antifa slogans.... And I left.

But not before having taken the pic.

You might not be able to tell much from the pic, but that driver parked, completely across the line, at a crazy angle, and left me very little room to get back into my truck. I probably should have taken a better pic. But a phone doesn't give you much in the way of options.

Show us your pics and tell us your stories. (Not asking for a bunch of pics from the interwebs. Plenty of those out there. What are YOUR stories?)
Attachment:
0411171754b.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:12 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I think she just wanted to get close to you. Ford on Ford action.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
I got my new motorcycle, with hardbags, and went to the store to pick up a couple things.

I parked on the side of the store, across the parking lot, nobody there at all.

When I came out, this ratty old POS pickup truck was parked right next to me. There must have been 50-60 empty stalls, most closer to the building.

At first, I thought he was a douche.

Then, I thought maybe he parked there to block any runaway car who could potentially run into my bike.

Then I thought, nope...douche.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Laughed when I came out of my local Albertsons and saw this. Laughed even harder when I walked around the back and saw that it was one of my best friend's grandma's car. Sent him a text with the pic and "you might want to talk to grandma about her driving." Lol

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Advrider has a very large asshole parking thread.

When I had my 80 toyota pickup i went to a movie. Came out of the theater to the compact spots I'd parked in.... f350 on the passenger side of my truck, over the line, very little room to spare. Full size blazer/Yukon thing on the other side. Brand fucking new. Temp sticker and dealer ad plate. Over the line. Inches off my door.
I was 170 lbs back then, and I almost couldn't squeeze into the truck. I slammed the fuck outta the doors on both sides. Partially caved in the door on the Chevy.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

You took a shit on the windshield and left a note, right? I've done it to someone that parked in a handicap spot but didn't have a plate or placard and briskly walked into a store.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made some lady retract her sunroof from the passenger side of her car and crawl over in order to get in the driver seat...

She was over the line...I wasn't....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I made some lady retract her sunroof from the passenger side of her car and crawl over in order to get in the driver seat...

That would be good video.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

That would be good video.

Only a pic. Sadly.

Attachment:
1167399_10201547641108098_1167798626_o.jpg

There was about 2" between her mirror and my truck. I knew she wouldn't even be able to get in between the cars...

I just got so fed up with cars doing this shit..... usually the smallest car in the fucking lot and they're parked all fucked up...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
You took a shit on the windshield and left a note, right? I've done it to someone that parked in a handicap spot but didn't have a plate or placard and briskly walked into a store.

I'm not always very quick with the words when I am out and about.

One time, I was.

Went to the fremont safeway.

Parked on the far side of the lot, because it was the only spot open, aside from the disabled spot right next to the door. (I didn't have a placard back then.)

As I get near the door, a small expensive sports car whips into the lot, narrowly misses running me over, and parks in the handicapped spot.

Guy gets out and halfway runs into the store.

By the time I get in the store, he is in the produce section, with a basket, picking something out, on one of the low tables in the middle.

I go to the other side of the same table, and say "excuse me".

He looks up, and gives me the 'yes, what do you want' look.

I ask him... Are you retarded?

He starts to get angry, then I guess realized I was actually asking him the question for real, and not just insulting him.

He says No.

I answered. "Oh. Well, you parked in the disabled parking spot, and halfway ran in here. It doesn't look like there is anything physical wrong with you, so I just wondered if your disability was that you were retarded."

He turned about 7 shades of red. Some of them anger, some embarrassment. At least 5 other people in the store, all clapped.

He tossed his basket down and left the store.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done Jeff, well done. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26H_gwqazGg

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the lessons.............

:thumbsup2:

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Valve stem remover. That's all I'm gunna say

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:51 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Lynnwood used to have the old codgers in the Citizens Patrol driving the retired Crown Vic's writing handicapped parking tickets all over the place.
Used to see them at the QFC on HY 99 a couple times a week.
At $250 per ticket, that must have been a cash cow considering they don't have to pay the patrol members.
Haven't seen them in a while, may have disbanded the program.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next