Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Nephew Looking For Work- South End 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Folks-

Got a nephew that currently lives in Puyallup. He's 25, in good shape, hard worker, & gets things done.

He's smart; he's worked in landscaping, done some Cad-key, and worked on a trawler in Alaska?

He's always been smarter than his friends, but hasn't wanted to outshine them. He could really shine in the right situation.

Says he's looking to get into construction right now, so thought I'd post & see if anyone knew of anything.

Thanks for reading!

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://eco-farm.org/job/field-crew-lea ... ement-2713

Field Crew Leader (Native Plant Propagation Technician)
Center for Natural Lands Management

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking for something longer than 7 months, but thanks.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cabelas?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:34 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I heard on the radio KVI Black Hills Builders was hiring....I think they're in Oly.

Looking for licensed electricians and HVAC guys.....but maybe a hard working apprentice????

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is he stuck on construction? Not a very good time of year for that, and laborers/apprentices only make about $14-15 an hr unless they're lucky enough to find themselves in a prevailing wage spot.
If he has a good driving record, tell him to give me a call. (See services offered) We're currently looking for night drivers, maybe a day driver...but no guarantee on that.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
Is he stuck on construction? Not a very good time of year for that, and laborers/apprentices only make about $14-15 an hr unless they're lucky enough to find themselves in a prevailing wage spot.
If he has a good driving record, tell him to give me a call. (See services offered) We're currently looking for night drivers, maybe a day driver...but no guarantee on that.

You're kidding right? Union Carpenter and Ironworker 1st period apprentices both start at $27/hr plus full benefits, tops out at $41/hr currently. Concrete Finishers start at $19, tops out at $38. Laborers have a different scale, tops at $35/hr. Operators scale varies by the equipment they run, $35/hr is lowest rate AFAIK.

Most of the trades are taking apprentices due to the current boom in Seattle. Lots of upcoming work in Tacoma mid 2017 also. About 5 years of work lined up in W.WA

Mostly non public works jobs, private investment money also.

http://www.nwcarpenters.org/for-members ... ticeships/

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:25 am

NWRed wrote:
RockHopper wrote:

You're kidding right? Union Carpenter and Ironworker 1st period apprentices both start at $27/hr plus full benefits, tops out at $41/hr currently. Concrete Finishers start at $19, tops out at $38. Laborers have a different scale, tops at $35/hr. Operators scale varies by the equipment they run, $35/hr is lowest rate AFAIK.

Most of the trades are taking apprentices due to the current boom in Seattle. Lots of upcoming work in Tacoma mid 2017 also. About 5 years of work lined up in W.WA

Mostly non public works jobs, private investment money also.

http://www.nwcarpenters.org/for-members ... ticeships/

The trick about that is getting in first

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Fred Meyer Distribution Center Puyallup Washington is currently hiring for order selectors starting pay is about $18 an hour.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Going through Laborers Union Local pays pretty good.
Paid $10 and put my name on the call list. Was called up a week or two later.
I was making $16-18/hr with no experience sandblasting ferry boats and that was in the late 80's when that was decent money.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My little bro is in the local hodcarriers union. He's been layed off 3 times this year already. $38 an hr doesn't amount to much when you spend most of your time cooling your heels in a union hall.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazon warehouse in Kent is always hiring. Fred Meyer distribution in Puyallup too.
Check with LOG here too, I think he was looking for people in Kent.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
My little bro is in the local hodcarriers union. He's been layed off 3 times this year already. $38 an hr doesn't amount to much when you spend most of your time cooling your heels in a union hall.

this

Divided we fall.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
RockHopper wrote:

this....comment is no help

FIFY

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:57 am

What is a hodcarrier?

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next