Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Costco is going to raise membership fees 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Blaze.45 wrote:
Always quality merch and $1.50 for a polish dog & drink or $1.99 for a pizza slice that puts most pizza places to shame... still love this place even though they are anti-2A.

No one has ever said anything when I carry in there.

Yes I know what their policy is.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't do business with anti 2A company's if I can help it :bruce:

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Non issue to me.

A business has a right to charge what they want. If it gets to the point where I don't think the value is worth it then I won't go anymore.

I save more in gas in a month than the increase. To me it is worth it. And I don't care about their 2A policy. I may not agree with it but again, they are a private company.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wklink wrote:
Non issue to me.

A business has a right to charge what they want. If it gets to the point where I don't think the value is worth it then I won't go anymore.

I save more in gas in a month than the increase. To me it is worth it. And I don't care about their 2A policy. I may not agree with it but again, they are a private company.

This isn't about whether you like costco or not, its about a price increase with no value added. I'm a costco shareholder and it does concern me, the membership is the main reason people who don't costco.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly Im surprised the increase is not more. They haven't had an increase in years, and since the price of living is going up, so should their membership fees.

Its comical that people are so worked up over a few bucks.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:03 am

PinSniper wrote:
wklink wrote:
Non issue to me.

This isn't about whether you like costco or not, its about a price increase with no value added. I'm a costco shareholder and it does concern me, the membership is the main reason people who don't costco.

Apparently you never took inflation 101 did you? It's a few bucks go be poor somewhere else!

Really though do you complain when all other companies raise their prices?

It's 5 bucks for the average guy, I just yesterday fed my family of four for 8 bucks vs the 20+ it would have been at Wendy's. That increase was just nullified.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since no one has asked the question yet, I will.
What's the membership fee for? Other than greed?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Honestly Im surprised the increase is not more. They haven't had an increase in years, and since the price of living is going up, so should their membership fees.

Its comical that people are so worked up over a few bucks.

:plusone:

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
PinSniper wrote:
wklink wrote:
Non issue to me.

Apparently you never took inflation 101 did you? It's a few bucks go be poor somewhere else!

It's 5 bucks for the average guy, I just yesterday fed my family of four for 8 bucks vs the 20+ it would have been at Wendy's. That increase was just nullified.

I like costco too, that's why I'm a member AND a shareholder. However, their biggest hurdle to getting more business from more customers, is the membership fee.

Increasing that fee just raises the bar for people that are not members and don't understand that the difference is negligible (and for me at least the executive rebate completely nullifies).

This isn't like Prime, you can still shop at Amazon without a prime account and you can even get free shipping (on purchases over $35).

I know Costco is the "un-store" and generally doesn't want casual shoppers clogging the isles, but they should at least offer some kind of trial to offset the people who are going to be put off by the steeper membership fees to join.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:

To keep the riff-raff out.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
AR15L wrote:

To keep the riff-raff out.

I still get in. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PinSniper wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
PinSniper wrote:
wklink wrote:
Non issue to me.

I like costco too, that's why I'm a member AND a shareholder. However, their biggest hurdle to getting more business from more customers, is the membership fee.

Increasing that fee just raises the bar for people that are not members and don't understand that the difference is negligible (and for me at least the executive rebate completely nullifies).

This isn't like Prime, you can still shop at Amazon without a prime account and you can even get free shipping (on purchases over $35).

I know Costco is the "un-store" and generally doesn't want casual shoppers clogging the isles, but they should at least offer some kind of trial to offset the people who are going to be put off by the steeper membership fees to join.

Costco is already too busy 90% of the time. Forget membership fees, idiots clogging the aisles waiting 5 minutes for the sample lady to make more egg rolls are my concern. Personally, I don't want more people there but I'm not a shareholder.

And I joined Costco because of word of mouth, and that's not dying off. There's always someone who bring a veggie or meat platter to a football game and says "that was only $X at Costco" and it's often 1/2 the price of other places. Or a neighbor who gets a new brand name pressure washer and boasts that "it was only $X at Costco." If people are smart enough to join and buy in bulk to get quality merchandise at a huge discount, then great. If they're not, also great, the lines are long enough already.

**On a more personal note** If you're the people that see your friend/acquaintance at Costco and decide to stop 2 carts in the middle of the main aisle for 10 minutes to talk, I hope you die in a fire. Just putting that out there. It's like stopping to talk on I-5. And I will curse in your face when I walk by.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The people who don't shop at Costco because of the membership fees, are idiots.

Costco should be a heaven for the poor. Quality products that are cheaper than anywhere else.

The membership fee is minimal to the amount of savings. A family doing a single "grocery run" could save more in that trip than the cost of membership.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:43 am

AR15L wrote:

Is there a peopleofcostco.com? How often to you see hood rats in costco? It helps keep the shit out.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
AR15L wrote:

Is there a peopleofcostco.com? How often to you see hood rats in costco? It helps keep the shit out.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next