Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Global Warming Expedition Stopped By Arctic Sea Ice 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

solyanik wrote:
Pablo wrote:
The data. It's all bullshit.

And it's not challengeable without repercussions. It's self fulfilling business. None of the scientists will go along with anything harmful to their grants.

This conspiracy theory is so fucking retarded. First a lot more "grants" is available from the fossil industry for someone who could disprove climate models. The fact is, no one could do it - in a peer reviewed fashion - so normal people - scientists - stopped paying attention to this retarded bullshit a long time ago. This is settled science. Get used to it.
\

It's not a conspiracy. It's a legitimate challenge to people attempting to change or guide society as a whole with improper data. And if people take money from corporations these people are immediately attacked and the data is denied as invalid. Science doesn't attack sources and this doesn't sound settled: http://punchingbagpost.com/massachusett ... ange-fraud

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/opinio ... is-a-hoax/

http://www.wnho.net/global_warming.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/052179_globa ... genda.html

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ahh Natural News. A bastion of accurate, unbiased and well balanced information.

Sorry, I was thinking Proceedings of the IEEE. Not sure how I got those two confused.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:20 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Pablo wrote:
solyanik wrote:
Pablo wrote:
The data. It's all bullshit.

And it's not challengeable without repercussions. It's self fulfilling business. None of the scientists will go along with anything harmful to their grants.

This conspiracy theory is so fucking retarded. First a lot more "grants" is available from the fossil industry for someone who could disprove climate models. The fact is, no one could do it - in a peer reviewed fashion - so normal people - scientists - stopped paying attention to this retarded bullshit a long time ago. This is settled science. Get used to it.
\

It's not a conspiracy. It's a legitimate challenge to people attempting to change or guide society as a whole with improper data. And if people take money from corporations these people are immediately attacked and the data is denied as invalid. Science doesn't attack sources and this doesn't sound settled: http://punchingbagpost.com/massachusett ... ange-fraud

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/opinio ... is-a-hoax/

http://www.wnho.net/global_warming.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/052179_globa ... genda.html

Did you read what I said about the peer reviewed sources? I will pay attention to them. Not this bullshit.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attack the sources, but not refuting them. Typical.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone who says that theories should not be questioned or challenged is no scientist...they are a religious zealot pointing at detractors and yelling "heretic"

Do your own research, question those who wish to control energy policy, question those who wish to take your money......question the chicken littles

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At some point though, established theories largely should not be questioned, only examined to find how to improve them. For instance, outside of a few religious sorts, the theory of evolution is not subject to constant challenges and questions. It is subject to intense research to refine and expand on it. I doubt you'll find anyone who wants to question or challenge the theory of gravity... dig deeper into it yes.

It's a given that there is climate change (well to most people) and it's a given (again to most people) that there is evidence that human activity isn't exactly helping it along. It seems to me the primary issue are people who either take it to radical extremes and make political hay out of it. If the left discusses climate change, the right will stomp it's foot and bitch about liberal conspiracies, then the radicals on each side come out and make it weirder.

It's most telling to me that insurance companies are onboard with it. That alone should indicate there is something going on, since insurance companies depend on rational numbers and extrapolations. It's all numbers to them, not politics.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this shit. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a shit about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?” - George Carlin

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/251836- ... g-now-save

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:03 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
Attack the sources, but not refuting them. Typical.

These "sources" were debunked ad nauseam by actual, real scientists. This is how peer review (did I mention peer review? If not, you can learn about it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_review) works. These people are like fifth graders attacking general relativity. They have no understanding of physics and no mathematical apparatus to even acquire this understanding. Yet they blabber on. Sure, it's their first amendment rights to say stupid shit, but don't expect anyone respect said stupid shit.

Sadly, this affects the rest of us gun enthusiasts, because voters look at this, and go, hey, these are the people who think that earth is 6000 years old, Jesus prohibited gays from marrying, Obama is a Marxist, and CO2 does not capture infrared radiation. Should I respect their opinions about assault weapons?

Sad...

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, clearly we should expound and conclude about global warming because we have so much vast data going back .0000000001% of our Earth's history. :rofl9:

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Yes, clearly we should expound and conclude about global warming because we have so much vast data going back .0000000001% of our Earth's history. :rofl9:

Let me introduce you to some geologists I know...

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:15 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Who, Randy Marsh?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:20 pm

I like turtles

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Who, Randy Marsh?

So you don't think geology provides data about early parts of earth's history and evolution?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Proves that the Earth has been much hotter, colder, and the atmosphere has changed quite a bit long before mankind.

And I also doubt you know any credible geologists. Hahahaha

Post links to their articles, I'll ask if they know you.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Proves that the Earth has been much hotter, colder, and the atmosphere has changed quite a bit long before mankind.

And I also doubt you know any credible geologists. Hahahaha

Post links to their articles, I'll ask if they know you.

Why don't you tell me who else I know or don't know or have or have not associated with?

To make it simple, I was reminding LC that there are entire scientific fields devoted to examining the natural history and origin of the earth, so we have data going back millions and millions of years.

Or was I actually not aware of that too?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next