Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Early warning for WA - the Colorado model 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
Aaaand how do we keep people from wanting to support the Democrats? What sort of behavior does the right engage in that turns off younger voters who are the future?

Why do you assume that it must be what the Right is doing wrong that turns off voters to their platform? There are plenty of good reasons not to vote Democrat, but because the Left has a near-monopoly on news and entertainment media (and classrooms!), you don't often hear those reasons unless you are looking for the outlets that share them. Most registered voters I have spoken with are not exposed to a fair and balanced view of the candidates, issues, and current events; that is why I believe the Democrats enjoy a fair amount of support. That, and they have a propensity for spending taxpayer money on handouts, whereas the Republicans generally encourage people to work for what they want. Given the large increase in government dependency over the past 6 years, it's easy to see which message the people prefer to hear. Maybe the Republicans need to start promising free stuff, too...?

So rather than ask why the Republican party is viewed a certain way by certain groups of people, you go on attack that paints the opposition in a negative light, blames them for the Republicans not having more support, and fail to consider how to attract more voters.

You seem to be operating under the assumption the Republicans are the only logical choice and anyone who doesn't make it wrong and possibly a mooch.

You fail at marketing. Until you can ask and answer what is bad about the GOP, you and others like you will keep shouting into the wind, while alienation more and more voters.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In order to fail at marketing, I would have to be engaged in marketing, which I am not. You're the only one in this thread who wants to talk about what's wrong with the GOP. You're entirely missing the point...again.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*whoosh* dude. You ranted about why people don't vote Republican, but fail to ask how to court those people and go off bitching about media and handouts. This is why the Republicans are seen as a joke.

Because they are. People like you are what empower the antis.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:06 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'd hoped this would self-correct, but it didn't change.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm starting to think you and guns4liberty are the same person. You certainly make the same noises.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

kf7mjf wrote:
I'm starting to think you and guns4liberty are the same person. You certainly make the same noises.

Never met him.

By "back to the topic" I mean the points made in the movie (as represented by the link I posted in the beginning of this thread). Take 'em one at a time - agree or disagree with each point according to what you've seen here in WA.

What I've been seeing here is a lot of trying to make points against another poster, and there's no point in that.

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your intense contempt for the Republican party is on full display...not just in this thread, but in others as well. But where is your outrage at the party with a clear anti-2A agenda? I have yet to see it. In fact, it was when I pointed out that it was the Right that has preserved gun rights to this point that you really went into full attack mode on the Republicans. Why is that? You appear to be passionate about the shooting sports, and yet you are oddly silent about the anti-gun antics coming out of the Democratic Party. Instead, you leap at the opportunity to deflect the focus of the thread to everything that is wrong with Republican Party. Did my criticism of the Left strike a nerve with you? Why do you feel such intense disdain for the only party that actually fights to preserve gun rights?

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:28 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Your intense contempt for the Republican party is on full display...not just in this thread, but in others as well. But where is your outrage at the party with a clear anti-2A agenda? I have yet to see it. In fact, it was when I pointed out that it was the Right that has preserved gun rights to this point that you really went into full attack mode on the Republicans. Why is that? You appear to be passionate about the shooting sports, and yet you are oddly silent about the anti-gun antics coming out of the Democratic Party. Instead, you leap at the opportunity to deflect the focus of the thread to everything that is wrong with Republican Party. Did my criticism of the Left strike a nerve with you? Why do you feel such intense disdain for the only party that actually fights to preserve gun rights?

FIFY.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because they aren't the only party supporting gun rights.

Because the right is just as evil as the left.

Because while the Republican Neanderthals are scratching their butt and wondering why more people don't flock to their wonderful, rights defending party, they fail to see why.

You mistake pointing out the failures of one party as tacit support for another, then you stoop to plagiarizing my prior statement in a grasping effort to retain a position.

But I get it. Only your narrow issues matter and the reason people don't flock to your bitter old white man Bible thumping party is because media and government is against them. But you'll nobly struggle on supporting true freedom despite the opposition, no matter what.

Keep telling yourself that, you might believe it after awhile. The right is as much a cancer on this nation as the left, and single issue causes won't sustain it. You want people to stop supporting the left and stop being mean to your precious Republicans, you need to start listening to your propaganda and supporting maximum individual liberty and small government.

Otherwise, you're just a Democrat who wants to own guns.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:39 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

kf7mjf wrote:
Because they aren't the only party supporting gun rights.

Because the right is just as evil as the left.

Because while the Republican Neanderthals are scratching their butt and wondering why more people don't flock to their wonderful, rights defending party, they fail to see why.

You mistake pointing out the failures of one party as tacit support for another, then you stoop to plagiarizing my prior statement in a grasping effort to retain a position.

But I get it. Only your narrow issues matter and the reason people don't flock to your bitter old white man Bible thumping party is because media and government is against them. But you'll nobly struggle on supporting true freedom despite the opposition, no matter what.

Keep telling yourself that, you might believe it after awhile. The right is as much a cancer on this nation as the left, and single issue causes won't sustain it. You want people to stop supporting the left and stop being mean to your precious Republicans, you need to start listening to your propaganda and supporting maximum individual liberty and small government.

Otherwise, you're just a Democrat who wants to own guns.

FIFY, too.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*Unnecessary content edited out*

Back to the original topic: if we want to prevent WA from ending up like CO, at least on the 2A issue, we have to increase positive exposure to firearms for the younger generations. We have to remove the stigma that has been attached to guns. We have to eliminate the irrational fear. The only way I know how to do that is to put a gun in someone's hand and let them try it for themselves. I've taken so many people (women and children included) out shooting, and I have succeeded in changed some minds. They may never own a gun, but at least now they don't fear them as much, and they have a better understanding of them that can be applied to ballot measures. Exposure, exposure, exposure.

Last edited by Guns4Liberty on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might try making guns a rights issue and not tied to a certain political party.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Hopeless.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DocNugent wrote:
Hopeless.

Nah. I believe the GOP can turn around.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
DocNugent wrote:
Hopeless.

Nah. I believe the GOP can turn around.

The GOP might be able to turn it around (they need younger leaders taking the front lines ASAP)...but I also think if being pro-2A is turned into an authentic movement about "rights" we might have some luck as a larger group (not just one political party or the other). But this will require getting people out of their comfort zone on both sides of the issue. You've got to get new shooters to the range but also slap old shooters upside the head when they violate any of the 4 laws of gun safety (it confuses new shooters and makes them feel unsafe) or start mouthing off about "stupid broads" or "that Muslim in the White House" or what ever (it reinforces negative stereotypes and makes younger/culturally diverse/female shooters feel unwelcome).

Folks who have never shot a gun are just ignorant/inexperience and need a welcoming invitation from us...but we are our own worst enemy more often than not. A perfect example is the guy in camo with a long gun at the anti-594 rally the other day...or the dumbass at my range the other day, who was racking the slide on his handgun with his finger on the trigger - as it was pointed in an unsafe direction.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:10 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next