Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Maiden voyage 2024 on the FV Bloody Decks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Other than the big motor being a two stroke which is hard starting after it's been sitting for 6+ months everything is working flawless. Besides forgetting the net and losing two fish I don't give a damn.
Summit Lake is my go to spot for shakedowns and taking the grandkids fishing.
We are canceling this weekend's trip because it's supposed to be nasty and next weekend supposed to be 75 and sunny. I want my grandkids to have a good time on the lake instead of being cold wet and miserable like their grandpa is while chasing salmon hi in the river.

Watching a bald eagle fighting with an osprey is just icing on the cake.

Oh and I must leave you all with my signature ending on these type of threads.
Back to work slackers.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu May 02, 2024 1:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Caveman Jim wrote:
Back to work slackers.

:cussing:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu May 02, 2024 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like a win to me

Looking forward to another season of mildly life threatening catch

Thu May 02, 2024 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does Summit still have kokanee/silvers in it?

yeah....Slackers!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu May 02, 2024 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do hope you guys know that I jest with y’all about almost everything, especially when it comes to fishin. :thumbsup2:
I will do some research for another word that hopefully it will not offend the masses. Steve, how about “ back to work you unretired workaholics”? :popcorn: icon_eek

Kokanee are landlocked sockeye. Landlocked silvers are not classified as “Kokanee”.

Rocket at least we don’t have venomous snakes up here, it’s going to worry me being in the south, out in the woods fishing the lakes and swamps where I know there are copperheads, water moccasins and rattlesnakes. One these will probably make Ole Caveman really hurt himself gettin away from it. icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

Attachment:
942302D5-8A34-4704-A995-65CAC6F1B3F6.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu May 02, 2024 6:42 pm

You know how it is brother, we were used to them once, we can get used to them again.

Thu May 02, 2024 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Definitely. The only thing is I lost my hearing so my situational awareness has to save me. :ROFLMAO:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu May 02, 2024 9:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Summit Lake has been my official “let’s test the boat engine(s) and most likely break down and have to row or tow it against the wind back to the launch” lake of choice since my dad first moved us out to the harbor in 1983.

If a guy doesn’t think about the septic systems, the perch fry up delicious.

Fri May 03, 2024 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:

yeah....Slackers!

Kokanee yes. Landlocked sockeye as the Caveman clarified. Best approach is downrigger or a deep six if you don’t mind shoulder exercises, they hang around low and the lake is rather deep.

Fri May 03, 2024 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CQBgopher wrote:
Traut wrote:

yeah....Slackers!

Kokanee yes. Landlocked sockeye as the Caveman clarified. Best approach is downrigger or a deep six if you don’t mind shoulder exercises, they hang around low and the lake is rather deep.

I tried flatlining first off, generally in spring the waters are cold and the kokes are on the surface down to 10-15’.
There were trout jumping everywhere so targeted the kokes down to 27-47’ OTW. I just ate the two that I kept, man were they delicious once you cook the crap out of em… :ROFLMAO:
Attachment:
IMG_3512.jpeg

Attachment:
26C24508-6969-4A1B-9849-296778D92162.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Fri May 03, 2024 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
CQBgopher wrote:
Traut wrote:

yeah....Slackers!

I tried flatlining first off, generally in spring the waters are cold and the kokes are on the surface down to 10-15’.
There were trout jumping everywhere so targeted the kokes down to 27-47’ OTW. I just ate the two that I kept, man were they delicious once you cook the crap out of em… :ROFLMAO:
Attachment:
IMG_3512.jpeg

Attachment:
26C24508-6969-4A1B-9849-296778D92162.jpeg

See this is why I don’t post my fishing attempts and the Caveman posts his catches. Awesome!

Sat May 04, 2024 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Often times I do have an open seat available… :bigsmile:

For me catchin dinner is a bonus that’s not always guaranteed but enjoy being on the water. It’s my happy place. :wink05:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat May 04, 2024 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]