Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Mass Stabby Event in Illinois 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone needs to do something about all this knife violence

If they had declared this a knife free zone this wouldn't have happened

Police: 4 dead, 7 injured after violent rampage in Rockford, Illinois

Quote:
Four people are dead including a mail carrier and at least seven are injured with one in critical condition after a suspect allegedly stabbed multiple people Wednesday in Rockford and Winnebago County.

A suspect is in custody, but police know of no motive behind the attacks.

"It makes no sense," Patterson said. "It’s almost like playing a video game, but it's reality. It makes no sense. It’s like Grand Theft Auto. I'm going to run over the mailman here. I'm going to stab a couple people there. I am going to go in this house over here. It’s not making sense. You can’t rationalize this."

Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’d be willing to bet drugs played a heavy hand in this.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

icon_eek I used to live near Rockford back in the mid 90’s.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

The 1890's?

Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because it's not a weapon of war there is no mention of "mass murder". Even though four is the cut-off.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

State’s Attorney: Rockford murder suspect claimed ‘laced’ drugs fueled killing spree

Quote:
Winnebago County State’s Attorney J. Hanley said Soto later told police he had gone to Schupbach’s house, in the 2300 block of Holmes Street, earlier that afternoon to allegedly smoke marijuana.
Soto told police he believed the drugs to have been “laced with something,” fueling his subsequent spree, Hanley said.
In interviews with police while in custody, Soto claimed to have limited knowledge of the crimes, according to Hanley.

Heard a bit on the radio yesterday about how China is operating a large number of grow ops around the country. Seems like the war on drugs has become a war with drugs

golddigger14s wrote:
... Even though four is the cut-off.

icon_eek

Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This caught my eye in the last article I posted:
Quote:
“If the last couple of days doesn’t show you, life is just too short to speak hate,” referring to the murder of Jason Jenkins, who was stabbed to death while working at a Rockford Walmart on Sunday.

That story:
Walmart stabbing victim identified as 18-year-old employee, Jason Jenkins
Quote:
According to the criminal complaint, surveillance video from the store showed Timothy Carter, 28, grabbing two knives off of the store shelves — a silver kitchen knife, and a red hunting knife — and then wandering around the store “giving all of the African American people dirty looks.”
He then reportedly walked up behind Jenkins and stabbed him once in the back, according to the court documents.

Then there was this other stabbing that kept popping up when I was looking for info about the Rockford stabbing. Guy was in prison for domestic violence, threatens his ex, but they let him out anyway so he can go stab her the next day and kill her 11-year-old son

Prisoner Review Board chair, member resign in wake of boy’s fatal stabbing by released inmate
Quote:
The governor’s office announced the pair’s resignations within hours of each other nearly two weeks after Crosetti Brand was released from Stateville Correctional Center. Brand is now charged with stabbing his pregnant ex-girlfriend and killing her 11-year-old son the day after his release.

Good thing they have all those gun laws. Really keeping murderous attacks down...

Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
State’s Attorney: Rockford murder suspect claimed ‘laced’ drugs fueled killing spree

Quote:
Winnebago County State’s Attorney J. Hanley said Soto later told police he had gone to Schupbach’s house, in the 2300 block of Holmes Street, earlier that afternoon to allegedly smoke marijuana.
Soto told police he believed the drugs to have been “laced with something,” fueling his subsequent spree, Hanley said.
In interviews with police while in custody, Soto claimed to have limited knowledge of the crimes, according to Hanley.

Heard a bit on the radio yesterday about how China is operating a large number of grow ops around the country. Seems like the war on drugs has become a war with drugs
golddigger14s wrote:
... Even though four is the cut-off.

icon_eek

Most here in OK are "owned" by the Chinese.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]