Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Delete the 594 section? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So now that 594 and 591 are done with, does it make sense to still have the area?

IMO, there is a benefit to have a closed area that google doesn't search where we can discuss initiatives, legislative bills, etc.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not over! But the massive flood of topics about it is. I guess it'd make sense to roll it into Firearm Laws, if that's possible.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CurtisLemansky wrote:
It's not over! But the massive flood of topics about it is. I guess it'd make sense to roll it into Firearm Laws, if that's possible.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

oh, I know it isn't over, but there isn't much going on in that part of the forum lately. I wonder if it makes sense to re-label it 2nd Amendment legal defense, or something else.

Maybe we all should brainstorm a bit to come up with a new name for the section.

Madpick? Massive? What say you?

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
So now that 594 and 591 are done with, does it make sense to still have the area?

IMO, there is a benefit to have a closed area that google doesn't search where we can discuss initiatives, legislative bills, etc.

:yes: That part right there.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:44 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We have discussed it internally and no decision has been made yet. If you have recommendations then please let us know in this thread.

So far there are a couple ideas.

Do away with it all together.
Move it to Firearms Law area.
Move it to General Firearms Discussion.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
We have discussed it internally and no decision has been made yet. If you have recommendations then please let us know in this thread.

Assuming you can still keep it closed to members only, I'd put it somewhere in Community Discussion. It seems to get higher traffic than Firearms Laws, because it is "higher" on the webpage (i'd put it as high up as we can, actually).

I think you could do away with it, rename it, etc. The important thing is to have a closed area where we can talk about way to beat back 594 and other laws without being easily searchable to the Antis.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:05 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

joao01 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

Assuming you can still keep it closed to members only, I'd put it somewhere in Community Discussion. It seems to get higher traffic than Firearms Laws, because it is "higher" on the webpage (i'd put it as high up as we can, actually).

I think you could do away with it, rename it, etc. The important thing is to have a closed area where we can talk about way to beat back 594 and other laws without being easily searchable to the Antis.

There are only 4 places on this site that are in a restricted view area.
1) Mod Section (Trash bin, mod room, admin room that can only be viewed by mods & admin)
2) 594/591 Area (can only be viewed by registered users)
3) Outhouse (can only be viewed by registered users)
4) NSFW (can only be viewed by members who have voluntarily joined the NSFW area)

My vote in the mod section when we were discussing this a few days ago was to move it all into firearm laws. We can even make a sub-forum in FL that can house all the 594/591 stuff.

Regardless, we need to find a home for the thread in the 594 section that Benja455 made about FFL's and their post 594 process. It's a good thread and one that should be in the open forums for guests to be able to view as well.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
joao01 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

There are only 4 places on this site that are in a restricted view area.

1) Mod Section (Trash bin, mod room, admin room that can only be viewed by mods & admin)
2) 594/591 Area (can only be viewed by registered users)
3) Outhouse (can only be viewed by registered users)
4) NSFW (can only be viewed by members who have voluntarily joined the NSFW area)

My vote in the mod section when we were discussing this a few days ago was to move it all into firearm laws. We can even make a sub-forum in FL that can house all the 594/591 stuff.

Regardless, we need to find a home for the thread in the 594 section that Benja455 made about FFL's and their post 594 process. It's a good thread and one that should be in the open forums for guests to be able to view as well.

Can you move the FFL 594 thread to general discussion?

Given what you just said, I'd probably leave 591/594 as its own area (but renamed) or maybe make firearm law area restricted to members.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like a section for firearm legislation, where we can track all the bills each year and their progress. It's been a little willy nilly this year. Or maybe it's just me not sure where they should go. It's a monumental effort to find all the gun relates bills when there are 1800 new bills each session, but I think it needs to be done..

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gscott wrote:
I'd like a section for firearm legislation, where we can track all the bills each year and their progress. It's been a little willy nilly this year. Or maybe it's just me not sure where they should go. It's a monumental effort to find all the gun relates bills when there are 1800 new bills each session, but I think it needs to be done..

:plusone:

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

gscott wrote:

We have a firearm laws section, who's description is : "Current and Upcoming Legislation. Local, State and Federal."

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like keeping it private. Reduces drive by antis from seeing it and popping in to shill for bloomie

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
gscott wrote:

We have a firearm laws section, who's description is : "Current and Upcoming Legislation. Local, State and Federal."

but it is open correct?

I think the peanut gallery doesn't really care where it goes, just that it is more secure.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

joao01 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
gscott wrote:

but it is open correct?

I think the peanut gallery doesn't really care where it goes, just that it is more secure.

Then it should stay where it is? Why empty a secured area to just make another secured area? If you are talking about locking down the Firearm Law section that's not going to happen. Google Searches, keywords etc will drive people to the site... New members to the site. Locking down a section makes that area not web searchable. We chose to take that risk with 594 since we didn't want the anti's to snoop in.

Now that it has passed, is there really a reason to keep it locked up? Besides the lawsuit and a few rallies, are there any other efforts still in play that need to be hashed out? Especially ones that need to be kept from the eyes of the enemy?

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would say keep it there until the lawsuit is resolved, then move under Firearm Laws.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next