Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

Tapatalk no longer working?

Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:04 am

For the past few days, when I've tried to post a reply to any thread using tapatalk, I just get a pop-up trying to get me to buy a subscription to their app. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Re: Tapatalk no longer working?

Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:39 am

Nope

Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:47 am

Been on the site since its induction and have never used tapatalk lol

Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:03 am

No issues for me

Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:23 pm

Tried reinstalling an older version, it's working now. Weird.
Last edited by scrid2000 on Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:25 pm

Just meed to exit out. They will periodically try to get you to pay.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:22 pm

We stopped supporting tapatalk quite a few years ago and haven't updated their package on this site in a loooong time. They continually wanted more and more access to the site and basically wanted us to remove moderation and administration control.. Um.. nope. So we just stopped updating and it kept on working here with the old patches.

Eventually, it's going to go away. Many forums are ditching TT as they have continued their over reach and poor ad placement.

** Note: I just opened TT and it's still working **

Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:46 pm

TT is kicking certain forums to the curb , they just booted AKfiles a few months ago.

I dont know why but with what Dan just posted I would be willing to bet that is what happened.

Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:41 pm

zombie66 wrote:TT is kicking certain forums to the curb , they just booted AKfiles a few months ago.

Funny, I saw a bunch of posts a few months back about a number of forums that were no longer supporting Tapatalk. I wonder who dumped who? I'm guessing that TT was the dumpee.

Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:45 pm

MadPick wrote:
zombie66 wrote:TT is kicking certain forums to the curb , they just booted AKfiles a few months ago.

Funny, I saw a bunch of posts a few months back about a number of forums that were no longer supporting Tapatalk. I wonder who dumped who? I'm guessing that TT was the dumpee.
Im not sure who the dumpee is BUT my first thought was “they are an anti company and booting 2A forums” but other 2A forums are still gtg…

Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:19 pm

There are numerous sites stating that it was sold.

M4Carbine, the Pilots of America Forum, and numerous others have discussed this, as well as some of the problems Dan mentioned.

The prevailing thoughts have been that you are no longer the consumer, but the product.

Meaning, your information…

Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:36 pm

NWGunner wrote:There are numerous sites stating that it was sold.

M4Carbine, the Pilots of America Forum, and numerous others have discussed this, as well as some of the problems Dan mentioned.

The prevailing thoughts have been that you are no longer the consumer, but the product.

Meaning, your information…

Thanks NWG. You put it perfectly.

Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:54 pm

Reinstalled update and it's still working. Weird. Thanks all.
Post a reply