Switch to full style
Have an item you no longer need? Feel like racking up some Karma points? Give it away to a fellow WGO member!
Topic locked

PIF North End Supporters Box

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:50 am

As another way of giving back to the WAGuns community, we have a Pay It Forward (PIF) box for Site Supporters on the North End of Puget Sound

To be eligible:

•You must be a site supporter (make the donation before joining the drawing, click on the yellow "Donate" button toward the top of the page).
•You must be willing to meet in the Everett to Renton area.
•You must be willing/able to pick up the box, go through it, add your contributions, post the drawing and get it to the new person within one month (the sooner the better, but if you don't think you can handle the responsibility of doing this in less than 30 days, please don't join the drawing).
•You must log the items you take/add in a notebook found inside the box. For example, "On 2/28/2015, JohnDoe took one AR magazine and put in 5 AK magazines."
•You must add items of equal or greater value than what you remove (this is important to keep the PIF Box interesting/fun/high value).

Box is in pretty good shape, lots of good stuff inside, but I'm having trouble getting the lid closed. (It's packed! May end up with a accessories box depending on what I decide to remove!)

A simple "in" will do :Init: , winner to be chosen at random Friday 11/10/2017.
Would like to give the box to the next recipient Soon to keep the box rolling along.

Re: PIF North End Supporters Box

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:42 pm

I'm in!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:50 am

In please

I will meet in Renton !

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Ok folks. If you have owned the box then you know it is packed. It needs a purge though. This is a community box and as such, we need to make a decision on what stays that is valuable to other members and what is removed and maybe donated to anyone that wants it.

I have a couple suggestions and need to hear yours.

I suggest anything that is not for a gun gets removed. That includes the NRA pamphlets, patches, pins, hydration pack with no bladder etc. that will reduce the box by maybe 5-10% but it is a start. There is a shit ton ok AK mags and AK stuff. I say we give it away on the board to site supporters. I will even pay for shipping if we can get rid of it all at once. All ammo should just be given to someone that will shoot it. Anything bigger than a holster needs to be valuable and something that won’t just get shifted months over months. I know this is subjective so I’m all ears to everyone’s opinion. There might not be any one answer to improve the box and reduce the weight but we should at least try.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Are the fuzzy handcuffs still in there with the tac vest?

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Chrisb9381 wrote:Are the fuzzy handcuffs still in there with the tac vest?

I’m wearing both right now. Don’t judge.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:32 pm

BadKarma wrote:

It's only weird if you're not alone.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:39 pm

I had it some weeks ago. IT NEEDS A PURGE! Absolutely too heavy and unable to et the lid closed any longer.

I agree with your idea of purging all of the non gun related and "less exciting" items. Maybe compile a list of the purged items and run on the forum as a PIF as you suggested. I'm sure someone on here could use the bag full of milspec A2 AR grips without screws.

The thought of doing this did cross my mind when I had the box. It has become an unmanageable two man lift.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Chrisb9381 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

It's only weird if you are alone.

Fixed

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 pm

old11bravo wrote:
Chrisb9381 wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

It's only weird if you are alone.

Fixed

But I have vegetable oil and rubber gloves. That’s not weird.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 pm

in!

if i get it, i'll take some of that ak stuff lol

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 pm

With You BadKarma, Had it about 4 rounds back. Biggest problem I have found with some of the stuff if having little idea what it goes to and occqasionally what a part is for! With the various holsters most of them are unmarked so since I was looking for one got tired of trying after a few.

I had suggested a while back that add a bunch of this stuff to the Year end Site supporters Raffle. Purge the box of most of the odds and ends that way. (BTW in case you haven't dug down like I did a lot of that weight of the box is in the bullets, steel gongs and other metal in the bottom of the box! Maybe as a way to lighten would be for those who want to add something like those VERY heavy steel plate gongs to instead add an envelope with a picture and description. If you could use it you take the envelope and open it, contact the person inside to pick them up! Same goes for boxes of reloading bullets, ammo, etc...

Just some random thoughts, last time I had it it was a chore to sort though everything and then try to repack it. BTW Glad to see the boots are finally gone!

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Oh and NOT In. Need to clean out too much junk first and pair down the miscellaneous stuff I have laying around before the wife starts screaming again~!

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:11 am

In I can purge and find homes for random bits

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Sorry for not closing this sooner. I will have a winner in a minute. I will purge(donate what is reasonable) anything not directly for a gun.
Topic locked