Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 PIF - AR15 lower and a couple of parts *ended 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In please.

I just took one of my childhood friends out to the range 2 weeks ago. He had never handled or shot a firearm before. I taught him how to handle firearms safely and the basics on shooting in general. He had a blast!

Mon May 29, 2017 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IN! nice PIF!

I am hoping to teach my friend's daughter firearms safety.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon May 29, 2017 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not in nice pif. Super busy the pick up weekend

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Last edited by mash man on Tue May 30, 2017 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 29, 2017 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

in please in took my son-in-law out to shoot my AR's for frist time now he knows.... PS if I win would have to give the fat handguards to someone as a pif :drool:

Mon May 29, 2017 11:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In please

I will be teach my daughter everything about guns and gun safety as soon as she's old enough, currently 9 month

Tue May 30, 2017 2:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In!

My Father in Law over the past 5 years been more open to owing guns and shooting and has tagged along with us the last few times out to the pistol range. He currently has a Airweight .38 and keeps talking about wanting to learn how to shoot, clean, and build an AR.

Tue May 30, 2017 5:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IN, As a Hunter Education instructor (#7070) since the mid 80's, I have taught several hundred new shooters. There are many more to follow.
And I do not currently own an AR platform, time to start one. :thumbsup2:

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Last edited by Old Jim on Wed May 31, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 31, 2017 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In please.

I have nieces and nephews I am planning on training as well as a coworker who has shown interest. I am also thinking about doing a familiarization and training for my church sometime in the future.

Wed May 31, 2017 7:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in!

I've got a good one. I can think of several qualifying instances but this is my favorite:

I got my wife (then girlfriend), her mom, dad and brother into shooting. Each of them now have firearms of their own. See, at first I didn't even want them to know I was into shooting- just one more thing for them to worry about with the new boyfriend, right? The ice was broken after I bought a new Mossberg 500 just before going to her parents house for dinner and my wife told them about it. To my surprise they wanted to check it out. What kind of trickery is this, I thought... So I went out to my car and brought it in the house. Turns out they were genuinely interested and proceeded to show me a 100+ year old double barrel shotgun that's been in the family for years. It's broken and they've never fired it but we found some common ground apparently! Shotguns. Who'd a thunk it. Not long after that I took the whole fam damnly up to the Darrington spot and let them all shoot my guns and ammo AND of course taught them how to safely and properly handle firearms. Fast forward a few years and as I said, they all have new guns and a range membership at West Coast Armory North lol. They actually got their membership before I did! So yeah, thanks in part to firearms and the sport of shooting I have a healthy relationship with the in-laws and my wife doesn't even blink when I bring home a new toy :bigsmile:

Wed May 31, 2017 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In Please! I've already taught my wife (who after 36 years marriage is a very good shot), two kids and two older grandkids to shoot. Also taken out some co-workers to the range to get them going. Currently trying to help a woman get ready to qualify for WA DOC but I don't have an AR15! :thumbsup2: Also, in about 6 weeks, I'm going down to Oregon (family visit at my dads) with a .22 rifle (only caliber rifle my dad's range allows), 20 gauge shotgun and several handguns to teach my nephew and his girlfriend from Miami how to shoot.

Wed May 31, 2017 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in!
Actually committed to helping a neighbor gal past few days now, her choice ordered and out to TSC once she gets it in.

Wed May 31, 2017 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In please.

I have introduced a few kids to safe firearm handling by getting them to participate in a safety class provided at a local range.

This PIF made me stretch my comfort zone and reach out. Today I asked an uber liberal coworker if he wanted to go shoot some trap. Said he hadn't handled a gun since he was a kid but wants to go next time.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In please.

Teaching my daughter and my gfs little brother about firearms and safety. Shes excited to get to shoot her 22 for the first time

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In!! Would like to build this with my 16 yr old daughter! Building from the ground up is the best way to become familiar with how a rifle works and will certainly build confidence and familiarity with it.
Awesome pif.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IN, just in the nick of time

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next