Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now By Appointment Only
PM me for scheduling
Also see original post for more details

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for doing this, Survivor. I'm surprised you still have any left, given the amount of interest shown on this thread.

This is quality material, guys, and full of possibilities. I picked up a handful of pieces on Saturday, and when I showed them to my son he immediately claimed half of them for knives that he's either removed or broken the handles on. Now all he needs to figure out is how to put a finish on them, as Andy said it doesn't polish well. Maybe thinking of finding a router bit that has the curve I'm looking for, or knurling it when finished. Oh well, I'm sure we'll figure out something. Just what I need...more projects to consume any remaining spare time. :shocked4:

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sigman wrote:
Thanks for doing this, Survivor. I'm surprised you still have any left, given the amount of interest shown on this thread.

This is quality material, guys, and full of possibilities. I picked up a handful of pieces on Saturday, and when I showed them to my son he immediately claimed half of them for knives that he's either removed or broken the handles on. Now all he needs to figure out is how to put a finish on them, as Andy said it doesn't polish well. Maybe thinking of finding a router bit that has the curve I'm looking for, or knurling it when finished. Oh well, I'm sure we'll figure out something. Just what I need...more projects to consume any remaining spare time. :shocked4:

Yeah, I wasn't able to get there yesterday, but it sounds like there's plenty left. I'll be making an appointment to make the drive down there and choose through some of the pieces. I wonder what a bolt action pen would look like made in it? We use similar stuff at work, but I'm only able to get little bits and pieces very occasionally because we make small fixtures out of it, so our stock is small dimensioned, plus our machinist likes to keep the cut offs around for all the little out of the blue projects he gets.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
Sigman wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't able to get there yesterday, but it sounds like there's plenty left. I'll be making an appointment to make the drive down there and choose through some of the pieces. I wonder what a bolt action pen would look like made in it? We use similar stuff at work, but I'm only able to get little bits and pieces very occasionally because we make small fixtures out of it, so our stock is small dimensioned, plus our machinist likes to keep the cut offs around for all the little out of the blue projects he gets.

I do feel bad that i could not be available all weekend for people to pick this stuff up . But truth be told this is scrap from my work. And that is where you all will come to get it. I did not buy this stuff.
I do not want to bring this crap home to my house. Lord knows I've got enough junk around here.
There are co workers who would question me giving this stuff away and there are others who would question why I'm keeping all the scrap around.
What they don't know won't hurt them . I know the value of this material and am happy to hand it over to anyone who has a use for it.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3