Switch to full style
Have an item you no longer need? Feel like racking up some Karma points? Give it away to a fellow WGO member!
Topic locked

PIF Last of the "C" rats.......UPDATE

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:40 pm

So somewhere in my journeys i ended up with a half case of what must have been the last year they made these things. There are six boxes inside the 12 box case. Novelty, period display, eat em, feed to the kids, what ever. If i cant give em away then im gonna eat them.

Ill do a random drawing if there is more than one interested party. Will be finding a new owner come sunday

BON APETITE

:cussing: UPDATE: PLEASE READ and adjust your "IN" as necessary :cussing:

Ok so i did a more thorough inspection of the c rats and it looks like some of the cans have failed and others are failing. some of the stuff is still good (acc. packs, over half the canned stuff, candy and cake tins etc.)

Ill be adding a half dozen old style MRE's (dark brown) and a half dozen newer MRE's to the pile
Last edited by toys in the toybox on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PIF Last of the "C" rats

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 pm

In! Thanks !

Re: PIF Last of the "C" rats

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:24 pm

In-ski

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:32 pm

<edit> Still IN....
Last edited by Bill Starks on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm out of the area in Duvall, but whats in the meals? Crab or just what ever?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Mystery meat...ill put up a sample menu or two tomorrow

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:01 pm

The absolute best thing you could hope for when you got your C-Rats was Beanie-Weenie. Not bad with the giant crackers that came with them. You'd use up the entire micro-bottle of Tabasco with pretty much anything else.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I am in for at least one of the meals.
Can trade for a few tasty 20+ year Old School early version MREs in the dark brown bags. Perhaps the beef patties, franks or chicken ala king meals.......:) Interestingly enough, the kids never bothered or pilfered these!!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm in

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:08 pm

I found a grape jelly c-rat during one of my camping trips in south rainier with the army. Yeah, I was a dumb grunt and tasted it too. I think they had us digging 3 inch fighting positions in the rain. I think I will say thanks but no thanks.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:35 pm

in for a try icon_eek

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 am

IN!

Re: PIF Last of the "C" rats.......UPDATE

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

Me INNN

Re: PIF Last of the "C" rats.......UPDATE

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:46 am

In