Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PIF: Books. **Winner is O_Kellog!** 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As the title says, these books are up for a PIF. I will ship on my dime, or meet ftf.
Patriots is a large copy paperback. I started it, but can't stand JWRs writing, so its up here. However, I know its super popular and many people enjoy it. Its in like new condition.
Survivors, is brand new hardcover. Bought at same time as Patriots, but didn't get to it.
The Name on the Wind, is used but very readable mass market paperback. I just happened to of gotten a brand new copy as a gift.

Rules are as follows.
Along with an "IN", must post a sentence or two description of why Waguns is so great. What benefit youve gained, real friendships youve made, opportunities opened up, help received, etc.....
Otherwise, these are for readers, not for someone to stick on a shelf and collect dust.
Will draw a winner. They have a choice of 1, or any combo therein. Other winners will be drawn accordingaccordingly.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Last edited by KeystoneCowboy on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice PIF! :thumbsup2:

Not in . . . I love to read, but the reality is that I don't make time for it unless I'm traveling. :frust:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool PIF.
Read most nights, one or more may sit for a while until I finish the series I'm working on now but they will get read!

IN

Per the Rules.
Too many reasons to list why its great. Great people. Gotten to know a bunch of others. Gotten some questions answered and reading responses is both educational and many times good for a laugh or too. Great to see the characters in the firearms community. Also great because I came connect locally and have been able to feed my firearms collection and reloading supplies! Waguns has been a great place to be able to help others out with preparedness supplies and allows me to expand the purchases for my own supplies and be able to provide the saving to others as we can get bulk pricing.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In for Patriots, and a guarantee to re-pif after I read or if I find myself not reading it.

So waguns has been great to me on many levels.

First. The day I joined. I needed a gun smith, and so I signed up on TOS and made contact with TA after several recommendations. The next day TOS had that hiccup or whatever and was down for quite some time. I realllllly needed to contact TA and didn't have any contact info. So I got desperate and acted like a crazy ex girlfriend and googled Tactical Assault. First hit was a thread of Waguns. BAM! I was in like Flynn!

Second. Didn't involve me, but my first week on someone (forgot his username) had his Apt. Broke into while he was sleeping. The thief stole his gun that was on his night stand. Everyone came together and a thread was created "Buy Scott a Glock". Every one chipped in and Greg (K&E Arms) sold the Glock at cost. That right there made me want to be more. So I donated became a site supporter that day. I was blown away by how cool everyone was.

One day there was a PIF titled "Hunter". Well that was three years ago and Hunter is doing great. My kids love him and he absolutely loves them. My son was only a few months old and Drew assured me Hunter was great with kids. He wasn't lying. And Hunter has seriously changed our lives. He was a missing piece to our family. I tell everyone I have two sons, one two legged and one four.

My wife lost her grandma at the age of 64 due to blood cancer. This inspired my wife to climb the Columbia Tower to raise money for the fight against blood cancers. She had to raise $250 and no one was really donating. I support my wife with anything and everything she does, so seeing her sad I created a thread titled "cancer sucks". I hate asking, but felt compelled to. I said that if I can help her raise $100 then I would cover the rest. Within a few hours YOU, YOU AMAZING PEOPLE OF WAGUNS, donated her over $500!!!! She called me balling her eyes out. At that very moment I knew I was a part of a very special community, and I was damn proud. A member, General Nonsense (who I have since become friends with) ordered my wife a special edition pink Waguns shirt to wear while she climbed the tower. Dan got right on it and had it shipped to my house that week. My wife wore that shirt so proudly and still does.

I've made friends here. Ones who I genuinely like and trust. I even brought Dan a penis shaped doughnut back from Portland. That means something.

So yeah, I'm in for Partiots.

Sorry for the novel, but you asked for it.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Itchin4Fishin wrote:

Wow. So cool. :cheers2:

Itchin4Fishin wrote:
my first week on someone (forgot his username) had his Apt. Broke into while he was sleeping.

That's dj_fatstyles, aka Scott.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not in... But itchin4fishins post is why I love it here.
I'm not as active as a lot of you guys since coming over
from the other site... but I've had nothing but positive
dealings (with quite a few of the same people) and it
its a great community here that shows there are still good
people ot there.
Thank you all:)

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Itchin4Fishin wrote:

Wow. So cool. :cheers2:

Itchin4Fishin wrote:
my first week on someone (forgot his username) had his Apt. Broke into while he was sleeping.

That's dj_fatstyles, aka Scott.

dj_fatsyles helped me install glock rear sights. First class. Good dude.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. I read - a lot.

Been on WaGuns a long time - got kicked off of TOS for being who I am here. I guess any forum that can put up with me deserves major kudos.

It is a family of sorts, hair, warts, and all - much greater than the sum of it's parts.

Glad to be here, and glad it exists as a place to be relative to the " real world ".

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great PIF, Bro!!

Waguns is great because of you - and many more like you! thumbsup

Personally, I found some really good opportunities to help others and I've met some real quality people. Managed to get a guy from work out to the clean and shoot, thereby stirring the discussion at work... Hopefully some will sign-on...

All around great community of shooters and enthusiasts!

And, (same reason I fall in love with my wife now and again) You put up with my shit!

:wagwoot:

:Init:

Massivedesign wrote:
Owen, grab mine please!! I’ll speak for chris. Grab his too!

MadPick wrote:
I also get serviced by Massivedesign.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm withdrawing my entry as with the birth our our third child I know for damn sure I won't have time to read if I won.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IN.
The benefits I've gained are countless. Learned more about firearms here than I could have anywhere else.
Learned more about our constitution and liberty as well.

When I needed help, members were here to offer it. When I can, I try to help as well.

Only negative about this site is it's cost me a lot of money.....

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bump

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bump. Drawing the end of this week. Get in now before its too late!

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Drawing tomorrow

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Winner is O_Kellog! Thanks for playing. I will pm shortly so we can arrange drop off/shipping.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next