Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Another East Coast refugee taking up residence in Bellevue 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi everybody,

After 27 years, I'm finally fulfilling my lifelong dream of getting out of a horrible East Coast state that shall go unnamed (you get 3 guesses). I was recently in the Seattle metro area to wrap up interviews and I managed to snag a position in Bellevue, where I'll be relocating to very soon. Can't wait to be able to actually exercise my constitutional rights and bolster the Washington gun rights community!

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice! Me too. What part?

Welcome to Washington!

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome. Get registered to vote soon. Vote early and often!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks! I'm looking forward to permanently changing residency.

reginald_burrito wrote:
Nice! Me too. What part?

Welcome to Washington!

I'll be in Downtown, unless I misunderstood your question and you meant what part of the state. Bergen County, right on the George Washington Bridge.

Any recommendations for ranges, indoor and out? I've lurked on r/wa_guns and they seem to have a hate-on for Wade's. Also, can someone recommend any AR/AK gunsmiths in the immediate area?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Godspeed fellow 2A'er!

welcomewgo

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

YOU are the kind of person we want moving to Washington. WELCOME!!

Yes, register to vote ASAP. Find out who your ONE state senator and TWO representatives are (they will be in the single district you reside in). Do not be shy about contacting them.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NukeNJ wrote:

Any recommendations for ranges, indoor and out? I've lurked on r/wa_guns and they seem to have a hate-on for Wade's. Also, can someone recommend any AR/AK gunsmiths in the immediate area?

If you're working in Bellevue, there's an indoor range that's pretty good, called West Coast Armory. They also offer classes under the name Insights Training Academy.

Good place :thumbsup2:

There are a variety of reasons some don't care for Wade's, but I'll leave that for others, or possibly send a PM.

Welcome to the site :cheers2:

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome to sunny seattle !!!! You just missed about 2 straight months of rain !!! LOL

:thumbsup2:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wade's range is pretty good. Caveat Emptor on the gun shop. If they have a good price (I would doubt it) go ahead and buy there. But I would definitely shop around first.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Again, thank you guys for the insight. From some preliminary research, I guess Wade's focuses a lot on "gun tourism" just like one of the more popular (and terrible) ranges back home. I used to be a member at a similar type of venue, but once the owner stopped giving a crap about 2A rights and focused entirely on milking cash out of Chinese/Indian tourists, gun-curious NYC liberals and Hofstra frat bros, I let my membership lapse. The rash of suicides that followed also helped with that decision. Will definitely look into checking out WCA.

Any opinions on the Seattle Police Athletic Association range? I know it's going to be a drive, but currently, I make a 60 minute drive NW to go shoot an outdoor range that I have enjoyed being a member of the last 2 years.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:37 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Outdoor ranges in Redmond(Interlake), Snoqualmie(SVRC), and Issaquah. Plus some more up north and south. West Cost Armory is a great indoor range.

On a side note. I spent a week in NJ last month for work and fell in love with Italian cooking. I’m sad that we don’t have places like this (http://vincenzosristorante.com) out here. When you get a chance to experience some of the restaurants, please tell me any you recommend.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Welcome

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer