Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 anybody reload? 

Im a new member and was wondering if anyone in the northend knows the ins and outs of the lee loadmaster press.
i recently got one used and have been buying parts for it and would like to find someone who would be patient enough to go through it with me and help explain the basics and not so basics.
please get back to me and let me know what your time is worth. thanks

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! I know it's not a replacement for hands-on guidance, but there's some really good step by step tutorials on youtube, that's how I got my MEC600 set up

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lots of reloaders here. Get a good book and double check any info online. Welcome to the site.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Last edited by mcyclonegt on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

welcomewgo

Welcome and Greetings to WaGuns.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Mike. :wavey:

Yes, I reload but I don't know anything about Lee presses . . . sorry.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They say reloading saves you money...

This is as big of a lie as the amount of money you told your wife you spent on your last gun purchase.

Not only will you spend a decent chunk just getting set up, you will find that certain tools and equipment that others told you to buy don't work for you or your needs, and you will swap them with other items. This is ok, it's a trial and error thing.

And you will find that you will either "shoot more" or just have a lot more ammo and components like brass laying around.... which again saves you no money. But having a stack of ammo cans loaded with 5.56 in the corner large enough to give Feinstein a heart attack is an amazing feeling when you know that you loaded each and every one of those rounds yourself.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
But having a stack of ammo cans loaded with 5.56 in the corner large enough to give Feinstein a heart attack is an amazing feeling when you know that you loaded each and every one of those rounds yourself.

This statement is pure awesomesauce! :bow:

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the group, klamathking! Lots of reloaders here with a wealth of information.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:42 pm

First off.....Quit buying parts for it when you can get replacement parts from Lee for just the cost of shipping. I am not in your area but I have loaded 8k on mine between cussing streaks so even I may be able to help you of you can state what it is not doing. There are some things that the videos miss.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
First off.....Quit buying parts for it when you can get replacement parts from Lee for just the cost of shipping. I am not in your area but I have loaded 8k on mine between cussing streaks so even I may be able to help you of you can state what it is not doing. There are some things that the videos miss.

This AND Lee written instructions are typically pretty thorough if not a tad nutty. Not familiar with the Loadmaster though. Try here: https://leeprecision.com/instructions.html

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
But having a stack of ammo cans loaded with 5.56 in the corner large enough to give Feinstein a heart attack is an amazing feeling when you know that you loaded each and every one of those rounds yourself.

I think I have enough loaded 5.56 loaded, in strippers and bandoleers, neatly packed in 50 cal cans with Desiccant, to give the entire left side of the aisle a heart attack :bigsmile:

I reload not necessarily to save money (although I really do) but to have ammo when there's none on the shelves. I have several cases of bullets (5.56) 8# jugs of powder, and several cases of Small Rifle 5.56 primers (Wolf). Brass takes up two shelves in my storage area. If the need arose I'd get the word out and my 650 would run steady until everything was loaded.

The main reason for most to reload is so they can have ammo that performs best in their rifle. An accuracy nut like me considers shooting factory ammo about the same as picking up an ugly Street Hooker for a "Hummer". Yeah it gets the job done but you won't want to talk about it afterward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]