Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Moving to Seattle, running from CA, but don't worry 

Yeah, one of my friends ( Extremely republican and voted Trump) constantly tells me how WA is CA ect ect and they are going to ban Assault Weapons ect ect, and I constantly ask him for links of it actually passing. I knew of that Pre-Exemption and I just read about that tax last night... Why don't they put that into a fund and buy Firearms training classes or subsidise gun safe purchases? Personally not a huge fan of ANY gun laws but it seems like things like that are actually "Common Sense" gun laws... Why tax gun safes at all? Here in CA, this last one has been proposed but since CA looks at us as income, and not citizens, they won't even entertain the idea of not taxing us. They tax us for bridges we have already paid for and are trying to raise that toll from 5 to as much as $8! There is even a CHP site to encourage you to turn in your neighbors who have cars registered out of state. A friend bought a $15,000 LR3 in Oregon and the dealer was like "Sucks you register it in CA cause you'll have to pay sales tax!" My $12,500 Diesel... I sorta forgot to put a 0 on the form... /end rant

I can't wait to leave this prison...

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gun safes are tax free here that is one good thing as for using the gun taxes they would have to collect enough first. Most gun dealers moved out of Seattle city limits and who would buy ammo in Seattle with a tax of $2.50 on a box of 50. They really didn`t collect anything worth while they just wanted the dealers out of Seattle.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also welcome Brandon...
As some have stated,,,,,
I would try to stay out of King County. (go north or south). Sales tax is the highest, and again, extra tax on bullets..
A pretty good place to check out gun's and ammo is a place called Sportco in Fife WA,,, (south of Seattle about 35 miles)....
Their website sucks, as it only shows about 20% of what they really sell. They claim it keeps their costs down..
Highway I-5 is the major North/South freeway, so to cut commute times or to have easier/close access to mass transit, you could look for someplace to live and work near there... The eastside (Bellevue and Redmond) are higher priced for everything from Gas to Groceries due to Microsoft and the like..

Good luck, safe travels, and see you soon !!!

don

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

:wagwoot:

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you will like Washington a lot better than California.
Thank You for your service.

Go Navy.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Of course I would like it more... look at what these savages made me do to my lovely Tavor SAR! Not like this... Not like this!!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugh. That's awful. Is that a permanent barrel extension too?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:02 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

That TAVOR looks much safer and less deadly than a regular TAVOR. I'm so glad California enacted these extreme measures to keep our people safe....

/sarcasm

Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:59 am
Profile WWW

I am pretty sure that muzzle break comes off and when I end up... not here, i'll give it a try. I actually like it though. Shooting at night is awesome haha. The radlock on my AR honestly isn't THAT big of a deal. I have a screwdriver in the but stock of the gun to set it to max "Murica" mode. This is for trips to the bush or Reno. They went way way to far with the new bill though and the new device is even faster than the old one. Any of you guys done the whole franken glock? I have 2 of those lowers and the compact one came out pretty damn good.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:34 am

traintech86 wrote:
Price: ill be making 35K a year so I won't be able to live like a fat cat.
Crime: I am positive that any crime in WA (with the exception of Tacoma from what I read) will be less in most areas. I like not being murdered
Gun laws: This seems to be Avoid King CO
Smog/Emissions: My car most likely won't pass because it has cams
Politics: I don't really want to deal with constant protests from authoritarians
Commute: The job is in downtown Seattle - I am more than willing to drive to Kent and commute in by train (or other options)

Things that can help me out:
I currently own 2 Toyota Land Cruisers that can pass anything but a gas station so some light snow or road conditions aren't an issue
A friend who shares many of these same values is running for the boarder as well so splitting rent will make it easier
While I hate commuting, I hate high densities of people more so I'd be willing to commute up to an hour.

some suggestions...

sell at least one of your cars, preferably 2. it's going to be difficult parking 3 cars at most of the apartment complexes here and the registrations will be expensive

you're going to need to work toward increasing your income. that's barely enough to live comfortably here

regarding crime, violent crime is lower in many areas vs. CA, but property crime is often much higher. the police here regularly ignore property crime

if you don't like protests, Seattle is NOT the place for you... same thing applies if you hate dense urban areas. I'd suggest looking further out from downtown Seattle

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 am

So now, I have both a far left liberal and a far right republican telling me that Washington state has voted all anti gun democrats and that WA is going to be CA in 5 years... please tell me how I despute this... To me, it seems pretty logical to trust a forum of local gun owners, but what about these claims?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who cares what people say. If you want to move here, move here. If it's shitty in 5 years, move somewhere else.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 am

Well that's the plan but I am confused as to why WA stat has this reputation... You guys on here seem pretty calm for people living in the "Next CA"... Every time these laws come up here in CA, people are in the know and constantly talking about it... It really seems to me like these are just news stories to make people think WA is gonna ban things...

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
traintech86 wrote:
Well that's the plan but I am confused as to why WA stat has this reputation... You guys on here seem pretty calm for people living in the "Next CA"... Every time these laws come up here in CA, people are in the know and constantly talking about it... It really seems to me like these are just news stories to make people think WA is gonna ban things...

"They" have been talking about banning all kinds of shit for years up here and im still rocking these...........

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Well that's reassuring to know... While things have been banned here, they are still often times floating around... Is that a mini 14? I have never been huge into AK's but the far right guy who says all this crap about WA did the whole "Build your own AK" and it came out pretty cool.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No sir, that is a Springfield M1A Scout Squad.

If you buddy built an AK in Commieland I doubt it is that cool lol

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next