Switch to full style
Feel like introducing yourself to the community? Do so here!
Post a reply

Back Home

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Hey Folks, I've been living abroad for the past 8 years and am back on US soil, so I'm taking my first steps back into the shooting world. Looks like a good group here!

The last time I dipped a toe in this stuff, I was in California. I'm still getting used to the fact that I can get high capacity magazines and scary black rifles with detachable mags and pistol grips! Now if only I had enough money to get everything that's ever caught my eye...

Re: Back Home

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Welcome to WaGuns and to Washington!

Yup, buy what you want while you can still get it. :bigsmile:

Do you own any guns now, or are you on the hunt for your first one? What's on your shopping list?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

It seems a lot has changed since I was last in the game. I made my first purchase a few weeks ago, it was an H&K VP9 LE. In fact, I just received my four free magazines from H&K today (their summer special). It was either that or a Sig M11-A1 or Sig P229 Nitron. I'll admit, part of me is wondering if I should've just saved up longer and gone with the Sig. Don't get me wrong, the VP9 has been great and it's definitely the most comfortable handgun I've held in recent memory. I just tend to prefer metal to polymer.

Next up is a revolver for sure. I used to have a S&W Model 10 and I loved it. I was eyeing the S&W 586 but I have to admit that the price and matte finish on current Taurus revolvers is appealing. That said, I'm nervous about quality issues with Taurus. I've never purchased a Taurus before. I'd love to hear your opinion on them if you have any experience with them.

After that, I'd like to get a 22LR. Thinking about the Browning Buckmark URX.

Then a 22LR rifle like a Ruger 10/22 Takedown.

Also, I've always wanted a bullpup. I know folks have mixed opinions about them but I've always wanted one. The Steyr AUG specifically. Why are all the coolest things so darned expensive?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:58 pm

I think you made a good choice with the VP9. thumbsup

Taurus . . . you'll read all kinds of reviews, from "total junk" to "I love mine, never had a problem with it. *shrug* So who knows.

Bullpups, yeah they're damned cool. I have a few, including the AUG and the original Tavor. I tend to compare those two because they're both 5.56, and I definitely prefer the AUG. But yeah, you gotta pay for it.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:02 pm

I am envious of your bullpups. :cheers2:

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:38 am

Welcome aboard!

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:30 am

welcome home.....also on your list should be to join the NRA :thumbsup2:

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 am

Welcome home, and welcomewgo