Switch to full style
Feel like introducing yourself to the community? Do so here!
Post a reply

MRC Newb to USPSA

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:29 am

Hello,
I've been bugging the heck out of MRC's USPSA chairman with lots of questions. I did a IPSC 101 class at MRC in 2009 and have not been active since then.
I have signed up with the USPSA and Gary has offered to help me out with a practice session prior to showing up at MRC's 1st 2017 match.
Trying to figure out what an legal holster is, wanting to gear up correctly. I have downloaded the USPSA pistol rules.
VR,
Don Jones

Re: MRC Newb to USPSA

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:16 am

Not sure what MRC is but do you have a USPSA safety check yet? If so, just show up at a local club match, tell them you are new, tell your squad-mates you are new and they will help you. Don't let equipment stop you, I can't imagine anyone at a club match turning you away because some piece of gear was wrong - unless it was unsafe. I started 3-gun the same way and was amazed at how incredibly helpful people were right down to loaning me a shotgun when mine went down. If you don't have a safety check card get one, you'll have to find a range/club that is holding safety checks and attend. There was one Tuesday night at West Cost Armory-North I believe. Also, try the USPSA local Facebook page for local calendar events and another place to ask questions.

Good luck and press-on, it's great fun! :AR15firing:

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:54 pm

welcomewgo

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get "HOOKED" on competition shooting.
1) save all the brass you can.
2) plan to start reloading soon.

cootduster

Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 pm

ccontrol wrote:Not sure what MRC is but do you have a USPSA safety check yet? If so, just show up at a local club match, tell them you are new, tell your squad-mates you are new and they will help you. Don't let equipment stop you, I can't imagine anyone at a club match turning you away because some piece of gear was wrong - unless it was unsafe. I started 3-gun the same way and was amazed at how incredibly helpful people were right down to loaning me a shotgun when mine went down. If you don't have a safety check card get one, you'll have to find a range/club that is holding safety checks and attend. There was one Tuesday night at West Cost Armory-North I believe. Also, try the USPSA local Facebook page for local calendar events and another place to ask questions.

Yes I have my safety check card. Issued in July 2009.
MRC is Marysville Rifle Club. Are you an IPSC shooter?
VR, Don

Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 pm

cootduster wrote:welcomewgo

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get "HOOKED" on competition shooting.
1) save all the brass you can.
2) plan to start reloading soon.

cootduster

I think a Dillon is in my future...
Already saving brass.
Thank you for the warm welcome.
VR, Don

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:15 am

Chopaka wrote:
ccontrol wrote:Not sure what MRC is but do you have a USPSA safety check yet? If so, just show up at a local club match, tell them you are new, tell your squad-mates you are new and they will help you. Don't let equipment stop you, I can't imagine anyone at a club match turning you away because some piece of gear was wrong - unless it was unsafe. I started 3-gun the same way and was amazed at how incredibly helpful people were right down to loaning me a shotgun when mine went down. If you don't have a safety check card get one, you'll have to find a range/club that is holding safety checks and attend. There was one Tuesday night at West Cost Armory-North I believe. Also, try the USPSA local Facebook page for local calendar events and another place to ask questions.

Yes I have my safety check card. Issued in July 2009.
MRC is Marysville Rifle Club. Are you an IPSC shooter?
VR, Don

Cool, Marysville is where I took my 3 gun orientation and safety check too. I mostly shoot 3 gun but some Action Pistol at Snoqualmie Rifle and plan to shoot some USPSA just to sharpen pistol and problem solving skills for 3 gun.
Jump in, tell them you are new, and soak it all in.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:34 am

ccontrol wrote:Cool, Marysville is where I took my 3 gun orientation and safety check too. I mostly shoot 3 gun but some Action Pistol at Snoqualmie Rifle and plan to shoot some USPSA just to sharpen pistol and problem solving skills for 3 gun.
Jump in, tell them you are new, and soak it all in.

Thank you for the welcome.
I just rotated off the e-board of MRC and know full well about the success of that program. The 3 gun matches at MRC are well attended, very popular, and wildly successful.
VR, Don
Post a reply