Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:29 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Talkin Trash from SW Washington... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clark County, WA checking in. I'm Bill Cogley from Washougal. I fix furnaces and Air Conditioners for a living. (I'd rather be working in the woods but trees and spent shotgun shells don''t pay any bills!)

For the past few years I've been volunteering my evenings and weekends for Northwest Firearms where I'm the Volunteer Coordinator for cleanups and other activities related to promoting responsible target shooting on public land (user name 'Cogs').

Now, with that being said, I'm not here to sway anyone over there. I'm here to see if I can help WaGuns members further the efforts in making a difference in public land shooting. It's an issue that effects all gun owners, not just one group from one organization. So far, I see that WaGuns members are actively involved in this effort and I appreciate your dedication. I'd like to help.

The way I see it, WaGuns is unique in that it serves the gun owners of Washington State. It targets Washington residence and discusses the issues effecting us all. Trash on public land has become a big issue, in recent years, and it has greatly contributed to the negative impressions on gun owners. I'm out to change that 'negative' impression into a 'positive' impression.

As part of that effort, I created Trash No Land dot org. It's information and awareness for target shooters on public land. It educates target shooters, both new and experienced, on the rules for shooting on public land and offers tips and information for responsible target shooting. A resource guide for shooting on any public land, in any state. Perhaps you have suggestions to help make it a better site? Please send me a message with your input. I'm not a 'For Profit', nor a 'Non Profit' organization (yet). Just a guy trying to help improve how we treat our public land.

Take a peek and send me a message if you see any concerns or ideas to help make this a better message and more effective.

Web site: www.trashnoland.org

Facebook: www.facebook.com/trashnoland

Glad to be on this site. Looking forward to doing what I can to help further your efforts on improving our kind of recreation.

Thanks,

Bill

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo. Bill!

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Bill! You're doing good work. :thumbsup2:

Feel free to put your websites in your signature . . . so they show up every time you post.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Howdy bill. I think you stopped and talked to me and a buddy of mine a while back up on larch. You where organizing a clean up in that area for a few weeks later.
Welcome to the party.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome. I too found that WaGuns is a bit more WA centric. Nothing wrong with NWFA, just seemed more Oregon centric.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:58 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Bill! What has happened at NWFA with the cleanups is pretty amazing. We do not compete with NWFA and believe there is enough internet for us all to share. We hold a lot of respect for Joe and how he runs his site.

We have been doing, annual cleanups (at least) at Greenwater, Capitol Forest and others for quite a few years. With the recent DNR's roundtable with creating a "Recreational Shooting Plan", we are getting involved more and more as a sounding board as well as a liaison between DNR and the shooting public.

We are going to propose an Ambassador program for at least the Capitol Forest area where quarterly cleanups are scheduled well in advance, signage is placed and as we grow the volunteer pool can spread out to other areas.

Looking forward to having you around!

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

:wagwoot:

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!
Thank You for your Effort to help us all, in this area of making for clean shooting places.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:27 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Welcome Bill!
There aren't so many of us from Clark County on here.
I haven't looked over your links yet, but it sounds like you're doing a service for the shooting community! Thank you sir! :cheers2:

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, All, for the warm welcome and kind words. Looks like you folks have been busy promoting responsible target shooting. Glad to see it!

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
Howdy bill. I think you stopped and talked to me and a buddy of mine a while back up on larch. You where organizing a clean up in that area for a few weeks later.
Welcome to the party.

That's right, Soldier, that was me. I finally got around to it (been kinda busy, ya know!).

Looking forward to meeting some of you when the opportunity arises.

I'm wrapping up the last cleanup for this summer on Aug 27th. Then gotta get ready for hunting. I got the Washougal River in the back yard so there's always the Salmon starting in Mid Aug through Oct. That'll keep me busy and give some good R & R.

Looking forward to seeing the results of your cleanup!

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The one at north forks shooting lane? Hmmmm I'll look at my schedule. That's the day before my birthday. I could deff think that would be a great way to spend it!

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
The one at north forks shooting lane? Hmmmm I'll look at my schedule. That's the day before my birthday. I could deff think that would be a great way to spend it!

Ha! I had a guy say the 27th was his wedding anniversary! Can't think of a better way to celebrate such a cherished and memorable moment. She gave him 2 choices... Gee, I wonder which one he'll choose?

You would, however, really like to see these newly developed shooting lanes. Like nothing we've ever seen on public land before! I'm sure it will become the future of recreational shooting on public land. It doesn't replace our right to shoot where we prefer, but rather, encourages the use of a place that's safe, legal and primarily helps reduce the risk of fire. We're going to have a great grand opening celebration at this one!

Bill

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]