Switch to full style
Feel like introducing yourself to the community? Do so here!
Post a reply

New member - Belfair, WA

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:25 pm

I joined this group hoping to find knowledgeable, local people who might be able directs to the help I need

1. A basic handgun training class or instructor. I've contacted several in the last couple months, and no one has returned calls or emails.

2. Finding a handicap accessible place for target practice.

3. Finding a shop or website that sells .380 acp ammo at a reasonable price, AND actually has it in stock. I can find all kinds of sources with good prices for 9mm, (which I have located for family members) but I'm having trouble finding ammo for myself.

I really appreciate all the great information here, especially regarding WA state laws. Thanks so much to those who have posted on this site.

Re: New member - Belfair, WA

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Welcome to WaGuns, Jenay! :wavey:

I can't help you with the first two questions in your area, but for online ammo try a site like AmmoSeek:
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/380-auto

I know .380 ammo is frustrating because it's smaller than 9mm and should be cheaper, but it's obviously not. :frust:

Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Welcome!

1) You might try seeing if there is one available through Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club (KRRC) or Poulsbo Sportsmen Club. Other than that Im not help there.

2) KRRC Im not sure on. Poulsbo Sportsmen Club I would imagine is handicap friendly. Only part Im not sure on is the table height at the pistol range if that is of concern. But otherwise its a paved parking lot with a paved "shooting area". The target stands are gravel but if you asked Im sure either the range officer or other shooter would put up targets if a person was unable to do it themself.

3)As madpick said, Ammoseek is a good tool to use to find cheaper ammo. Sadly I havent really found anywhere local to us that has cheap ammo

Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:46 pm

West Coast Armory and, Renton Fish and Game have ADA access. West Coast Armory also has training classes available.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 am

welcomewgo

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cootduster

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:44 am

Jenay wrote:I joined this group hoping to find knowledgeable, local people who might be able directs to the help I need

1. A basic handgun training class or instructor. I've contacted several in the last couple months, and no one has returned calls or emails.

2. Finding a handicap accessible place for target practice.

3. Finding a shop or website that sells .380 acp ammo at a reasonable price, AND actually has it in stock. I can find all kinds of sources with good prices for 9mm, (which I have located for family members) but I'm having trouble finding ammo for myself.

I really appreciate all the great information here, especially regarding WA state laws. Thanks so much to those who have posted on this site.

Up your way, I have no idea. Down in my neck of the woods there a decent indoor range that does also offer classes and has an elevator to access the range.

I don't own a .380 so I don't really look for it, but my local Walmart generally has it in stock(cause the idiot at the gun counter out some in with the .308 then tried to sell it to me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Welcome to waguns

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Welcome to WaGuns!

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Welcome. Is Crazy Eric's still open?

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 pm

targetsportsusa.com has good deals on 380AUTO and free shipping on cases.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:58 pm

Guntrader wrote:Welcome. Is Crazy Eric's still open?

It is not :crybaby:
Post a reply