Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Hello From Illinois - Yes, I Know ... 

Greetings from Illinois!

My wife and I have decided it's time to leave this land of, "The Gun Grabbers". We are thinking of Washington State for our new home. Hope we will be able to get lots of good information on the Washington firearm situation and general, "Stuff". We've been looking around the Oak Harbor area on Whidbay Island, but are open to suggestions. We're definitely a fixed income couple ...

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to WaGuns!
:wagwoot:
and to Washington State!

Let us know what you need! Oak Harbor is a nice place. Getting a bit higher cost of living these days but still able to find some gems over there if you are into more hands on property.

So, what kind of shooting are you into? There are like 2-3 ranges on the island...

If you are coming over... make sure you apply for non resident CPL (Concealed Pistol License).

Read the "out of state" info:
http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms ... alreq.html

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get your ass out here asap. Welcome.

Best advice I ever got, is locate as close to work as possible to eliminate a commute.

Apart from that, you are good to go out here, choosing quality of life as a gun owner relatively speaking.

Apply for your concealed carry permit as soon as possible, and stock up on AR's and mags.

See you at the range.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Navy Corpsman?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lots of retired Navy in the Oak Harbor area, had a tour at the base and liked it so much they stayed.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where in Illinois are you now?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns! Get your ass out here. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well there's no state income tax but the majority of sales tax is 9.8%. We have the 2nd highest gas tax in the nation (44.5 cents a gallon) and a state government that spends like there is no tomorrow. Our roads suck, more potholes than Carter has pills and to license an 8 year old motorcycle is $80 a year! Property taxes are stupid here. 1138 square feet will cost you over $3000 a year in taxes.
We were one of (if not the 1st) the 1st to implement mandatory background checks but weed is legal.
Personally if I were you I would shoot for Wyoming for it's 4.5% sales tax, no state income tax and incredibly low property tax.

But if for some reason you really wanna come here it doesn't rain here all the time. Our electric rates are some of the lowest in the country and we have some of the best hospitals. Welcome?

Do your homework, 2000 miles is a long way to move..........

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome for sure. Whidbey is nice - and as most of the wet side, real estate values are up. Take your time looking.

I will be blunt: You and your wife are valuable voters!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
Pablo wrote:
I will be blunt: You and your wife are valuable voters!

Heck yeah :thumbsup2:

Come on over.

There is no stronger proponent of gun rights than someone who has been on the losing end of the battle.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

With the direction that IL is heading, which is a regress in gun controls, I would say your thoughts on WA aren't a better situation in that aspect. Now that IL has concealed carry and still has no state registration, it's seemed to me that some aspects of firearm ownership has become easier. Here we have state registration for pistols bought from or transferred through an FFL. You still have the FOID, no fullauto, SBS, or SBR in the state but, in the time since I left, it seems the good fight has been paying off in small dividends instead of a lump sum. Since I moved here, I've seen more controls instituted, despite the allowance of SBR, SBS. Seattle recently passed a guns and ammo tax and has driven out at least one of the retail FFLs from the city to a location outside the city. Still not as bad as finding a brick and mortar FFL in Chicago though.

I, like you had this area on my radar partially based on gun laws. Some of thse liberties aren't legally available anymore, and I've only been here three and half years.

Now onto some positives. Never have in my life, and having moved numerous times and lived in three states prior, have I ever had the amount of gun shops and places to shoot available to me within an hour or less. You can fill up your weekend with shooting matches all year here. You can drive off in the the woods on public land and throw lead downrange until your heart is content or until you run out of ammo. You need 1911 parts? There's shop for that. You need AR parts? There's a shop for that. You need a selection of 60 year old rifles? There's a shop for that. You want to run into one of the forum admins on public transportation? That happens. You want to make friends and see how people will reach out and stick their neck way out for you, a stranger? That happens too.

This seven year old Merlot is tasty. welcomewgo

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Apply for your concealed carry permit as soon as possible,

90 days after moving here*

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Classic wrote:
Well there's no state income tax but the majority of sales tax is 9.8%. We have the 2nd highest gas tax in the nation (44.5 cents a gallon) and a state government that spends like there is no tomorrow. Our roads suck, more potholes than Carter has pills and to license an 8 year old motorcycle is $80 a year! Property taxes are stupid here. 1138 square feet will cost you over $3000 a year in taxes.
We were one of (if not the 1st) the 1st to implement mandatory background checks but weed is legal.
Personally if I were you I would shoot for Wyoming for it's 4.5% sales tax, no state income tax and incredibly low property tax.

But if for some reason you really wanna come here it doesn't rain here all the time. Our electric rates are some of the lowest in the country and we have some of the best hospitals. Welcome?

Do your homework, 2000 miles is a long way to move..........

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leaferikson wrote:
RENCORP wrote:
Apply for your concealed carry permit as soon as possible,

90 days after moving here*

Right away.

Law is 30 days to shall issue to resident, 90 days to non resident/just moved. I doubt the Island County Sheriff will drag it out the full 90 days.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:17 pm

mash man wrote:
Navy Corpsman?

That's the same as an Army Medic, or a civilian Physician's Assistant/Para-Medic. Nothing to do with Zombies :bigsmile:

"Do what you can with what you've got!" Burt Gummer

Last edited by Talonap on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next