Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 … 

Last edited by The Gun Girl on Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Angela and welcome to WAGUNS.
WA is a "shall issue" state for a carry permit, it is called a CPL (concealed Pistol License).
Not hard to get, after fingerprinting and application it will arrive in 30 days.
"Pits" are outdoor shooting area's, usually in rural areas or on state land.
What aprt of the state are you moving too?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Angela. :wavey:

We've had some steps forward and some steps backward in the last few years here in Washington. On the plus side:

- Suppressor use is now legal
- SBR ownership is now legal
- Concealed pistol licenses are "shall issue," so it's easy to get one if you have a clean background
- Open carry is legal

Now the negative:

- With the passage of Initiative 594 in 2014, background checks are required on all gun sales, including from a private party
- Short-barreled shotguns and machine guns are still illegal

In the Seattle area you'll be amongst a pretty liberal population, so yes there are quite a few anti-gun people there. However, there are also many gun owners . . . including most of us here, who live in western Washington. So fuck 'em, be a proud gun owner and let's slowly educate the anti-gunners. thumbsup

As for "pits," those are outdoor areas where people shoot. In western Washington we don't have too many of them, so they're precious to us . . . and also prone to abuse, which is why you'll sometimes see organized cleanups by groups of concerned gun owners. You can click the "shooting areas" map link at the top of the page and it will show you some of the pits as well as organized ranges.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hi Angela,

general attitude no buddy really bothers you unless you "act" out with it.
why secrets, just be who you are.
getting a license is easy unless your a felon. you must first be a resident, do it the first day you get here and should be in your hands in 30 days. http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms ... alfaq.html

check out the shooting map just below the banner up top.

shooting pits is an outdoor "pit" usually a rocky gravel quarry.

stick around and you'll see and learn alot too.

:hangloose:

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Last edited by The Gun Girl on Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hiya Gun Gurl. Welcome.
The west side of the state is fairly hilly and forested. Pits are usually cleared areas dug into hills or flat areas between hills. Berms/hills for backstops.
East of the mountains the terrain stretches out more. (closer to what I imagine much of Texas to be(?)

What are you using to shoot long?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the group and soon to Washington. We sometimes have group shoots at the pits and even BBQ during them. You will miss Texas I did when I moved back to Washington I lived in Allen and worked in Plano so not to far from your area. If you really miss the BBQ let me know I`ll throw a brisket on one of my smokers or JagerBomber is a BBQ master so you can get your fix.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^ ask LH for a platter of burnt ends and spicy beans. He's being modest; he can give Kyle a good go at BBQ

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:52 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

Angela,

:wagwoot:

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is always good to have another female shooter on board. We have several ladys on here.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:22 am

Last edited by The Gun Girl on Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:07 am

Hi Gun Girl.

Welcome to the forum and soon to Washington state. We need more of you and your votes for the pertinent issues facing us and our precious rights.

"SBR" is a Short Barreled Rifle. The most popular are AR and AK based and most have a barrel of 10.5 inches or less. 16 inches is the legal length for a barrel on a rifle, to go shorter, you fill out the paperwork and pay the fee and wait. There are quite a few shops in the area that are more than willing and able to help the process along....then when the approval comes back it's shopping time.
What line of work / profession are you in? You may find others on this forum that are in the same type of employ, and may be able to help you along with location and possible leads.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seattle proper is just nasty hateful for guns and GUN OWNERS. There are people at all levels in Seattle who will do ANYTHING to make gun ownership and recreational shooting difficult. The good news, when you get outside of the city and specifically east or north and way south (aka "Mexico" as us north and east King county types call it), people are open minded. I'm not typing this to scare you or anything. But when you move here you can see the rules of the road for yourself and actually it makes us better gun owners to see what OUR rights are up against. AND we can let clowns who shoot up signs and such at pits know they are ruining it for all of us.

Don't forget, the SAF is in Bellevue.

Plenty of indoor places and some good outdoor places to shoot. Depends where you settle.

WELCOME SOON!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:50 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Gun Girl wrote:
For a suppressor to be legal, do you need a gun trust or can you actually just buy one? :thumbsup2:
What's an SBR?

Suppressors and SBRs are restricted by the Feds, so both require that you apply for a tax stamp from the ATF when you purchase them. You may or may not use a trust to do this, it's your choice. It will take roughly six months (it varies) to get your approval, and then you can actually take the suppressor or SBR home.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:45 am

Last edited by The Gun Girl on Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome!

I hope you visited Wa prior to moving up here. We lived in Bastrop for four years. It'll definitely be culture shock. The weather is much cloudier and cooler for most of the year. The treesand mountains can be a bit oppressive coming from the plains. The eastern side is closer to the Midwest. The good long range shooting seems to happen mostly out there.

I wouldn't recommend King county, it's getting overpopulated. Pierce county or Thurston county are more appealing to my midwest sensibilities. We hopped around the area before settli g down in Tacoma.

If the 330 days of sunshine aren't your your thing, you'll love the Sound area.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next