Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Gary Slider Handgunlaw.us 

Finally found a Chat Forum for the State of Washington. I will use this site as a resource for Handgunlaw.us. Place to see info posted that is of interest to Handgunlaw.us or in some cases to even ask questions. I do not post much but look at many sites for information on law changes etc. If you wish to contact me the easiest way is by clicking on "Contact Us" at at the bottom of the main page at Handgunlaw.us. I read and answer every email.

Been cataloging Firearm laws for 16 years now. Started with a one page site with a guy from Hawaii. That morphed into Packing.org and then Steve and I started Handgunlaw.us. Retired 3 years ago and love retirement. Shoot when I get the chance and have been shooting for 50 years. 4 Gun Expert in IDPA.

EMT for 30 years. NRA Firearms Instructor. EMT, First Responder, First Aid & CPR Instructor. Five Children and five Grandchildren. They keep me busy. Born and raised in West Virginia. Worked for Bayer Corp as a Mechanic and in the Safety Department for 36 years. We made Industrial Chemicals not the Aspirin.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:33 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Welcome Gary. We're happy to have you here. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gary, you sound like a VERY busy man! Welcome to WaGuns.org; it's great to have you here.

You probably don't need me to tell you this, but I'm going to anyhow: Your site is a pretty amazing compilation of information, and I'm grateful that you have taken the time to put it together. When "ordinary folks" like me decide to travel, your site makes it a whole lot easier.

Hot-linked for folks who haven't seen it: http://handgunlaw.us/.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Madpick & TacticalAssault,

First Madpick, Thank you. I enjoy doing it. Been doing it so long can't think of anything else to do. I also know just how much it is needed. I am glad you have found the site helpful.

TacticalAssault, I won't be posting much. I will be checking in every so often. My Brower (Firefox) scans 97 different government and information sites everyday for changes. Then I visit about 16 Chat Forums everyday to just check. Then I have about 44 State Chat Forums that I try to look on in every 2 or 3 weeks. I try to keep to that schedule but I fall behind many times.

But if you and the other folks here would check out the Washington page at Handgunlaw.us and give me feedback on the info there it would be greatly appreciated. ttp://www.handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

admins@handgunlaw.us is the easiest way to reach me. I do think my home email address is visible if you check out my CP here. I won't put that email address here as the Admins email address already gets a ton of spam.

I don't do Handgunlaw.us by myself. It is people like the ones who post here that supply me with information. I can't see it all. I see the big changes as they get press it is the little things that are tough to keep up with. Just checking all the links on Handgunlaw.us every 6 or so months takes me a day. Love it when people report broken links.

Know everyone here lives a long way from Pittsburgh but I am going to the NRA Meeting there the end of this month. I will be wearing my IDPA Shooting Vest that has Handgunlaw.us on the back of it. Not wearing it to show off but there are so many people I have not met but talked to and you can walk right by them and not know it. So if any of you are going to the NRA Meeting and see me do stop me and say hello.

And for those here who are Admins here. Thank you! You have a job that many times is thankless. Thank you! I have done it and that is one job I never want to have again.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Founding Father
Founding Father

That sounds like quite the routine Gary. I just sent you an e-mail to the address listed in your profile. It will be coming from tacticalassault@waguns.org

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the :ymparty:

never_to_much wrote:
Yeadon You need to change your sig line to 338 because people hide behind concrete walls.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome to the site nice place you have there I know it will be useful for me when traveling to other states.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gary, welcome to the site. I know you've seen plenty of email from me over the past year on your site. I always wondered who was running Packing.org and esp. what happened to it?

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:38 am

I answer so many emails it is tough to keep track of who I actually talk to. Most people use a handle or just their first name. I have always used my real name when I registered anywhere. In the old days a Handle was limited to 8 letters or numbers so I just went with Slider. People were surprised to find out it was my real last name and not a Handle. I have run into 4 people using Slider as a Handle. But have found out that when you use your real name you are more honest with what you post and usually are a nicer person.

Again thank you for the compliments. We try. But have to say it was sad seeing Packing.org go down the tubes. Biggest reason it failed is that Mark was never available. Sometimes it would take weeks or months for him to reply to an email I sent him and many times he never replied. The Chat area is what finally done Steve and I in on the site. You can't have a chat forum without someone taking care of it. Just letting people post whatever they want doesn't work. The reason He never sold Packing.org is he designed all the software for it and it was full of bugs. Different things happened all the time and the site was always crashing. I also found out that letting different people actually edit state pages and put what they wanted on them didn't work either. To much opinion and not facts found its way onto the Data Base. That is why Steve and I don't have a chat area on Handgunlaw.us. That is also why I answer every email that comes our way. Well not every email. I know I have deleted a few that were real because they didn't have a subject and I was swamped with spam when theirs arrived but I do answer every email. To many times over the years I have sent emails and never got a reply. I never liked that. People want a reply even if it is not what they want to hear. They appreciate the reply.

So Steve and I have a Data Base that covers Concealed Carry. What I have added over the years is info that I get a lot of questions about or that I see ask on Chat Forums just like this one. But the big push for Gun Rights is not coming from the NRA now. IT is coming from the Grass Roots. It takes Dedication, Time and Money and some states have that and some don't. But it is spreading and we are finally getting some of our rights back but we have a long way to go. I believe I should be able to carry my concealed firearm anywhere. The only places I shouldn't be allowed to carry is places where prisoners are actually present. Private Property owners have the right to tell me no but No government has the right to say No.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:18 am
Profile WWW

Welcome to WGO Gary! :-bd

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome indeed.

I used to use packing.org sooo much. Thank you for all the work and blazing the trail for all of us!
^:)^

Handgunlaw.us is awesome... I still use it today.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome Gary...awsome sight you have there!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]