Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Moving to washington from california 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy shitballs! Welcome! Im a bit of a Slipknot fan myself. Wt least I'm hoping you're referencing the 9(now 8). Anyway, congrats on the only Cali cpl we know of.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Slipknot95758 wrote:
Our sherrif in San Joaquin county changed his view of good cause when he was up for reelection to accept self defence. I applied in may of 2014 had an interview to start my background check which cost 100 and then went and did my live scan which cost 144. I was approved after the sherrifs department finished end of january 2015. I also had to take a 16 hour class which cost 25 and included live fire demonstration with each gun I wanted carry which was listed by serial number up to 3, if it wasn't listed to the exact sn I could not carry it. All this for a 2 year permit. After 2 years the renewal is 75 and a 6 hour class which costs about 150 to gain only another two years

Attachment:
Notime.jpg

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes referring to the band. I also lover jager. I have a banner from when I saw slipknot at the jagermeister music tour in 2004.

I am also seeing them Saturday at monster aftershock in sacramento. I have seen them 5 times live and it's a great show every time

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice! (on the ccw).
Glad to see it's getting easier... sort of... :facepalm2:

When I left CA, years and years ago, you actually had to suck-off the sherrif... on a regular basis... :whatthe:

So, you understand our surprise :wink05:

Again, Welcome aboard!!! :wavey: :mulletslayer: :cheers2:

Massivedesign wrote:
Owen, grab mine please!! I’ll speak for chris. Grab his too!

MadPick wrote:
I also get serviced by Massivedesign.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:06 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

:wagwoot:

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on a CA. CCW permit. They are hard to come by.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:18 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns!

That bullshit about only being approved to conceal-carry specific guns is just crazy . . . even though I only have a couple that I carry, I just take it for granted that I can carry whatever I feel like carrying that day.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Slipknot95758 wrote:
Looking forward to moving out of Californian, should hopefully be able to around February, we are waiting for legal custody of my step kids to be able to move. When my wife divorced their dad 7 years ago it was listed as they would work it out so we are fighting for it written so we can relocate.

I have been selling off what is worth more down here than up there like my ak and gen 3 glock 19. Possibly my ar pistol but I won't if I don't have to.

I have a ccw here in California "i know shocker isn't it" I was up there looking at the area and some houses last week, applied for my ccw while I was there so I have it when I get there and don't have to wait.

My family and I are looking into the spanaway area so any tips for good shooting places I would appreciate it, also a good mom and pop gun store since I will need some new toys when I get there.

Planning on an hk vp9, and a few lowers I plan on doing a sbr lower to be able to move my pistol upper onto, and then a suppressor, and of corse a nice order of standard capacity mags

I personally would be careful where you move in the Spanaway area. It can be sketchy. Some members on here may be able to provide some specifics as to which areas are good/bad.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can't be as bad as lodi where I live now, we have 4-5 shootings per week and my car was broken into two. I gets ago, had someone try and break into my house in July and had a car stolen 2 years ago

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:29 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Slipknot95758 wrote:
Can't be as bad as lodi where I live now, we have 4-5 shootings per week and my car was broken into two. I gets ago, had someone try and break into my house in July and had a car stolen 2 years ago

You should feel right at home in Renton.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Welcome to WaGuns!

That bullshit about only being approved to conceal-carry specific guns is just crazy . . . even though I only have a couple that I carry, I just take it for granted that I can carry whatever I feel like carrying that day.

Some states only lets you buy ammo you are "cleared" to buy. Meaning if you are "licensed" for 9mm. You can only buy that caliber.

Thank God and pass the Ammo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
Slipknot95758 wrote:
Looking forward to moving out of Californian, should hopefully be able to around February, we are waiting for legal custody of my step kids to be able to move. When my wife divorced their dad 7 years ago it was listed as they would work it out so we are fighting for it written so we can relocate.

I have been selling off what is worth more down here than up there like my ak and gen 3 glock 19. Possibly my ar pistol but I won't if I don't have to.

I have a ccw here in California "i know shocker isn't it" I was up there looking at the area and some houses last week, applied for my ccw while I was there so I have it when I get there and don't have to wait.

My family and I are looking into the spanaway area so any tips for good shooting places I would appreciate it, also a good mom and pop gun store since I will need some new toys when I get there.

Planning on an hk vp9, and a few lowers I plan on doing a sbr lower to be able to move my pistol upper onto, and then a suppressor, and of corse a nice order of standard capacity mags

I personally would be careful where you move in the Spanaway area. It can be sketchy. Some members on here may be able to provide some specifics as to which areas are good/bad.

Stay close to the lake or Elk Plain. I lived on the lake for a year, and just walking from the house to 7-11 was the difference between nice, quiet homes and "Gee is this the night I witness a stabbing/shooting?"

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Washington cpl came in the mail today. Post marked 20 days from my application when they have 60 to process for me. I wish California ran that well for it

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:04 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

20 days . . . that's not bad, even for someone who has been living here for a while. thumbsup

So are you still in Cali, or are you in Washington now?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still in California, we have a hearing on nov 12 for custody of my kids, hoping to move around early feb

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hey slipknot welcome and hoping you'll enjoy your new home in washington...

originally from california here also... born in woodland near sacramento, grew up near san bernardino, college in riverside and berkeley, worked in placerville, ukiah, and then orange county before i gave it up and moved here to find work in the tech industry...

have to say living in washington is pretty awesome for the most part... you'll have to get used to driving a lot slower lol...

enjoy your new found freedoms :rockout:

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next