Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Hello from Belfair 

Hello, this is Randy from Belfair WA. I am a retired Sailor living in WA since 1999. I enjoy shooting, motorcycles, scuba, flying (student) loading ammo and making silencers.

I became politically active three years ago in an attempt to pass bill 1604 to allow silencer use. As you know that bill died twice and was re-introduced as bill 1016. It is now awaiting a signature by the Governor after which we can use our registered silencers in WA on July 23, 2011.

I like to share ideas on new silencer design and wildcat cartridges. My next project is a Delisle carbine replica. My next gun control goal is easing restrictions on civilian ownership of short barreled rifles and shotguns in WA.

Ranb

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Randy. We are honored to have you here. The strides and sacrifices you have made for us are immeasurable!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:08 pm
Profile WWW

I am trying to organize with people on AR15.com and the Northwest Firearms forum to amend the ban on SBS and SBR in WA. There are better minds than mine working on this project, but it will take a real grass roots effort to change the SBS/SBR ban. The silencer law was easy in comparison as silencers were already legal to own. I look forward to meeting with the people here to change the law. Thanks.

Randy

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ranb wrote:
I am trying to organize with people on AR15.com and the Northwest Firearms forum to amend the ban on SBS and SBR in WA. There are better minds than mine working on this project, but it will take a real grass roots effort to change the SBS/SBR ban. The silencer law was easy in comparison as silencers were already legal to own. I look forward to meeting with the people here to change the law. Thanks.

Randy

Keep up the good work and let us know how we can help!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

never_to_much wrote:
Yeadon You need to change your sig line to 338 because people hide behind concrete walls.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:41 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Randy! What can I say other than THANK YOU? You have done a great thing for responsible firearms owners in this state. Welcome to WGO, we are very happy to have you. I see you like to build suppressors. Do you have any layouts or plans for ones you have done? I know that I will now be building my own suppressor or two now that it will be legal to use them here in Washington.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi Randy ,good to have you here.i'm up in seabeck not to far from you .If you ever need someone to go shooting ,fishing or diving let me know

Don

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks. The water here is too damn cold to dive in, I do scuba in Hawaiii and other warm waters. :) I am at the KRRC a few times a month. You can bet I will be there more often after July 23rd when I can shoot suppresed there. I will be there this Sunday if you want to meet. I am trying to get my 38 whipser to shoot cast bullets better than 4 moa, a losing battle so far.

Ranb

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

+1 to all of the "thank you" messages above!

I remember when you posted on SGN a year or so ago, telling us that you intended to start work on a bill to make suppressors legal and looking for people to help out. I thought you were NUTS -- I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell of it passing!

But obviously, you made a believer out of many of us. VERY impressive work, sir.

You are very welcome here at WaGuns! :D

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]