Feel like introducing yourself to the community? Do so here!
Post a reply

Hello!

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:39 pm

I posted on the classifieds so I figured that I might as well introduce myself.

Moved to WA 3 years ago and have been shooting since I was a little kid. Primarily enjoy mid/long range precision shooting which was great when I lived in the midwest but more difficult now that I'm west of the Cascades. Also enjoy fly fishing, hiking, camping, and the outdoors in general.

Still have a California area code but don't plan on supporting California gun laws in WA. :bigsmile:

Re: Hello!

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:42 pm

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup2:

Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:53 pm

SignorVince wrote:Still have a California area code but don't plan on supporting California gun laws in WA. :bigsmile:

Excellent. Hopefully you also don't plan on having anyone take your calls. :ROFLMAO:

SignorVince wrote:Primarily enjoy mid/long range precision shooting which [is] difficult now that I'm west of the Cascades.

Yeah . . . we feel your pain. :frust:

Welcome to WaGuns! Thanks for posting this thread. thumbsup

Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Welcome to WaGuns!

Have you checked into Upper Nisqually Sportsmen’s Club? They host long range shooting events.

But for clarity… what’s mid to long distance for you?

200, 300, 500, 800 yards?

Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:59 pm

oldkim wrote:Welcome to WaGuns!

Have you checked into Upper Nisqually Sportsmen’s Club? They host long range shooting events.

But for clarity… what’s mid to long distance for you?

200, 300, 500, 800 yards?

I have not! Thanks for sharing that! Looks like a nice club and is <2hr from me :thumbsup2:

I generally consider mid to be 300-600 and long to be 600+. My precision rifle is a R700 in .308 Win, Manners T5A stock (bedded by Tom Manners himself), with some other stuff (brake, bolt knob, etc.), and a Vortex Viper PST on top. Not a top of the line rig but it's been enough to keep me middle of the pack for precision matches and even won me an F-Class match. I have a hard time justifying bringing that rifle out when it's <300 yards and I was somewhat spoiled when I lived in KS as our club had 300yd targets (frames and steel) that was always open and the 500+ yd range would be open for practice at least once a month.
Post a reply