Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 BEWARE OF WILLIAMSON GUNS IN STANWOOD, WA!!!! 

I finally received the 70 page investigation report. The case has been closed, but I can't find what was the outcome, outside of the case being sent to property crimes unit of Snohomish county. I've waited several months to get the public disclosure copy, anyone interested in it send me an email at kaminky@gmail.com and I'll forward it to you.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Email sent. I'll dropbox it and then link it.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Email sent. I'll dropbox it and then link it.

You my friend are gangster.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

He sent it to me in a google dive link. Let me know if any of you can't see this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4HC9 ... p=drivesdk

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My head hurts!

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:46 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Theft 3 9A 56.050 is a gross misdemeanor (3 counts).
Theft of a Firearm 9A.56.300 is a B Felony (1 count).

Penalty:
Under WA DSA 12-14 months DOC for the felony assuming he has a clean record.
Up to a year in county for the misdemeanor(s).

I'd guess he could plead it down to misdemeanor theft, make a half assed attempt at restitution (couple grand), and do maybe 3 months county. Doesn't seem to be a high priority with anyone in Sno Co.
Need to get ATF fired up over it for real punishment.

Or hope he fucked Sheriff Ty Trenary on a deal.
That would get results.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Got an email this morning that the SGt. Of property crimes decided it was a civil issue. Unreal that a business owner can take your money with no services provided and it's not a crime?

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oldandcranky1 wrote:
Dang it. Looks like he's getting away with it. I wonder if there's any point in trying to add my name to the list.

In reading 73 pages it would be hard to prove "intent" which is key to getting a fraud conviction. Unfortunately for those who didn't receive service, refunds, or firearms, this is truly a Civil Matter. If all the individuals involved kicked in a couple hundred each, along with any donations to the cause from others in the gun community, they could file a suit against Williamson in Civil Court for not just their money, but also damages and attorney costs. In essence it would put Williamson out of business and possibly loose his property. In some ways a Plaintiff Verdict in a Civil Trial can be more punishing than a guilty verdict in a Criminal Trial.

Other possibility is that if his bookkeeping practices are as bad as his business practices, the ATF investigators are going to find problems in his "bound book". May even find the missing firearms he claims he shipped. That information could change minds as to whether or not he had intent to defraud.

In a Civil Trial "Exhibit A" will be the police report and "victim" statements. If I were called for Jury Duty I know how I'd vote already.

I wonder if anyone has contacted the Postal Service? A lot of business conducted via the mails and that usually brings out the Postal Inspectors who have a whole bunch of other Statutes they enforce.

I doubt Mr. Williamson's issues are over but the more the word gets out the less opportunity he'll have to screw others. His work may be fantastic but his ethics sure suck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Last edited by deadshot2 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:07 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Isn't the prosecutors office supposed to decide that?

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Isn't the prosecutors office supposed to decide that?

Not necessarily. It's pretty hard to prove intent and the SO apparently wasn't able to uncover any intent so they probably have instructions from the Prosecutor's office on what to submit or not. My guess is that more than one or two phone calls were made before the decision was made by the SO.

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:12 am

Oldandcranky1 wrote:
Dang it. Looks like he's getting away with it. I wonder if there's any point in trying to add my name to the list.

I'm going to private message you. I'm in touch with the investigating officer and it is possible that intent can be proved with more victims of his fraudulent practices.

I'm also pursuing the matter of conflict of interest, as he stated charges would not stick because of Snohomish county officers being his customers.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:26 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

smoothsoul wrote:
Oldandcranky1 wrote:

I'm going to private message you. I'm in touch with the investigating officer and it is possible that intent can be proved with more victims of his fraudulent practices.

I'm also pursuing the matter of conflict of interest, as he stated charges would not stick because of Snohomish county officers being his customers.

If you can put the person who heard Williamson state that he thinks he is untouchable, please put that person in touch with Sgt. Van der Well of Snohomish County SO. I have her contact information.

I am considering moving up the chain with this, since we cannot get BATFE (yes, I have sent my evidence to the Supv in the Seattle Field Office) or Snohomish County to move on this. I know a few state and national reps who might be very interested to learn that his criminal actions are "civil".

Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
smoothsoul wrote:
Oldandcranky1 wrote:

If you can put the person who heard Williamson state that he thinks he is untouchable, please put that person in touch with Sgt. Van der Well of Snohomish County SO. I have her contact information.

I am considering moving up the chain with this, since we cannot get BATFE (yes, I have sent my evidence to the Supv in the Seattle Field Office) or Snohomish County to move on this. I know a few state and national reps who might be very interested to learn that his criminal actions are "civil".

I'd be interested in the results of the BATFE "audit" of his books if it's happened. If any of the "missing" firearms turns up then it should be a slam dunk to make it criminal.

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
3584ELK wrote:
smoothsoul wrote:
Oldandcranky1 wrote:

I'd be interested in the results of the BATFE "audit" of his books if it's happened. If any of the "missing" firearms turns up then it should be a slam dunk to make it criminal.

If he sold them under the table to someone else, it's not likely they are going to come forward with them. And how is anyone going to find them, otherwise? Unless they are used in a crime, or that person tries to sell them in a legitimate way, etc...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
If he sold them under the table to someone else, it's not likely they are going to come forward with them. And how is anyone going to find them, otherwise? Unless they are used in a crime, or that person tries to sell them in a legitimate way, etc...

With the lack of business competence I see in reading the posts in this thread, my guess is that the firearms are somewhere on his premises and he just can't find them. Could also be that he used parts from them to repair others, thinking he'd be able to get replacements down the road. A trick some use in almost all repair businesses to generate needed cash flow.

Best part about this conversation is that those who choose to send firearms to him have been forewarned. No excuses if they too get screwed.

Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next