Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Larry Conley, Snohomish still smithing?? 

I had Larry work on two of my pistols and he did a fine job.

Tried to call his number and got a disconnected message.

Anyone know if he changed his phone number or has "retired?"

I've got a Swedish Lahti that needs some help and I'd like to give him a crack at it.

thanks in advance.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pm sent

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd like in on the information if it pertains to Larry. I also tried to contact him and found the number disconnected.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:17 pm

I had Larry thread a couple 10/22 barrels for me earlier this month. The number I contact him on is 360-668-9409. He is a bit tricky to find on google but does come up if you search for Classic Precision Gunsmithing.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why all the secrecy? I'd like to find someone to do a little work on my new to me Ruger SP 101, and it's like pulling teeth to get a good recommendation for someone local. Is Larry still working?

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:45 am

I talked to him the other day, had no problem getting a hold of him. Prices for AR upper assembly seem kind of steep though. Definitely would go to him based on different reviews I've heard on sites. But for 120+ for Upper assembly, I can get a nice hard case for my rifle and use it to mail to ADCO.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:14 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Stef wrote:
Why all the secrecy? I'd like to find someone to do a little work on my new to me Ruger SP 101, and it's like pulling teeth to get a good recommendation for someone local. Is Larry still working?

Did you try C.A.R Arms in Kent?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:45 am
Profile WWW

Larry Conley rebarrel my Mark V Weatherby to 358 Norma Magnum. He is a competent gunsmith however he forgot t o resurface the bolt face before he rebarreled the action. I had them cerakote the barreled action but forgot to do the swivel studs. I gave him a stock that had been glass bedded with JB compound. He said the stock wouldn't work he dulled two chisels and a circular routing tool and could not get the compound out. I simply took Jerry Fisher scrapers and scraped it right out. These can be purchased from Midway USA Brownells and others If someone knows about them. He also did not stamp the caliber on the barrel. I also wanted him to throat the 310 gr Woodley round nose bullet to see flush with the neck shoulder of the case. He misjudged and I had to go to the 300 Win Mag case with the longer neck in order to seat the bullet to the lands of the barrel. Better luck next time.

Last edited by Screech240 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Screech240! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 pm

I’d totally forgot about that guy. I had Larry do some 1911 reliability work in the early 2000’s. Did great work for a reasonable price, and fast turn around (because it was my carry gun at the time). Ended up doing some extra work at no charge in fact. He lived about 10 minutes from my folks place. Nice guy.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Craig leibbrand

Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:38 am

Rebarrel of my 358 norma on my Weatherby Mark V he forgot to True up the face of the bolt and chambered the bullet to far forward. The rifle is super accurate and the free float well done.a gunsmith has to have the capability to put the caliber designation on the barrel.car in kent could not fix my guns or my friends gun. Pintos in renton do not recommend them anymore. Ed labour in Bremerton . TOP NOTCH.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:16 am
FFL / Dealer

I met Larry about a year and a half ago. His lathe is from the '70's and hes been having trouble with it. Hes still doing gun work, but he's not doing much machine work due to the age of his lathe. He has referred a number of people to me for suppressor threading and rifle builds. I talked to him about a month ago, and he was talking about moving to Arizona. He's still in the same place, Cathcart/ Snohomish.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Stef wrote:

Did you try C.A.R Arms in Kent?

A few years back I took a garand to cAR for some work. This was just after Fred left. I had to call multiple times over a period of several months to see what was going on. I provided 48 rounds of ammo in clips for test firing. After numerous calls they said they couldn’t find any reason why the gun failed to feed. Took 4 months, got back zero ammo and they kept my clips. Last time I went there.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just adding a positive experience: I took a “CA compliant” AR15 to him about 6 or 7 years ago to remove a ridiculous bullet button that SW cemented/welded/whatever into place. He had to drill thru that POS to replace it with the standard release. He seemed like a pretty nice old school kind of guy. We chatted for quite some time during drop off and pick up of that rifle.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]