Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:09 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 BEWARE OF WILLIAMSON GUNS IN STANWOOD, WA!!!! 

UberFritz wrote:
I have another thought . . .

I will pay anyone $100 to retrieve my parts and I'm not kidding. I need "proof of life" and EXPRESS MAIL. Will, of course, pay postage as well.

Any takers?

On second thought, make that $200 and I am deadly serious. That's a bounty on my parts!

Thu May 05, 2016 3:14 pm

harleyjasondavidson wrote:
I do not know Mr. Williamson OR anybody involved in this thread or business with him, but I have been following.

Here we are in May....... Has the package been received? all parts returned? work performed? quality?

after all this, care to keep the peanut gallery up to date?

Just so you know this isn't all some fabrication, I would like you to review the PDF. It is his communication with me one month ago.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Just to let all know that I received my parts, but NOT without the intervention of the Attorney General's Office in New Hampshire. Furthermore, I paid a compliment based upon the workmanship. Those using this forum should see, verbatim, what I wrote and his response.

I’m glad you got your parts. Please don’t contact me again.
Your email will be permanently blocked on the server side.

Sent: Monday, May 16, 2016 11:55 AM
To: info@williamson-guns.com
Subject: Outstanding work!

Credit where credit is due! Fantastic!

Your business bullshit hurts you, Mike. You cannot agree to terms and then ignore them.

You have extraordinary skills degraded by terrible business acumen. Fix it and the world is yours.

This is sincere, Mike!

Paul T. Klenk

"Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think."

-Thomas A. Edison

Tue May 17, 2016 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad to see you got your parts. Isn't there some saying about artists and geniuses being super disorganized/disheveled?...sort of like Albert Einstein...I suspect that is the case about Williamson Guns.

Tue May 17, 2016 1:29 pm

That's very philosophical, but it's not the case. I've studied this guy along with the other people that he as hurt financially. His MO is precisely the same with everyone. He promises the world, but the promises are empty. He refuses to adhere to time frames, he whines that he's already performed extra work, but he still will not divulge the location of guns and/or parts. He does not respond unless he's pushed by an outside agency. Then, if the consumer tries to communicate with him, he blocks the customer from the his server, or so he says.

Here is another example . . .

-----Original Message-----
To: lhunter5997
Sent: Tue, May 17, 2016 2:40 pm
Subject: RE: 1911

I’m well aware of that and have hired help for correspondence. It does not justify harassment or threats.
Please don’t contact me again. Your email address has been banned from my server

First, is this appropriate behavior for any man?

Second, if your customers keep your business going, then why are you refusing to talk with him. I can name five people who have been burned in a simile, if not identical, fashion. Frankly, he doesn't belong in business.

Tue May 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Anyone who has been scammed by Williamson should consider contacting me via a private message. There is much hope and I have a substantial resource. Naturally, I'll not post this in a open forum. Please note that this is not another scam; it is a serious attempt to redress those who lost money to Williamson. I did get my parts as previously noted, but I am now very much motivated to help others. And, quite frankly, that locomotive is in motion and gaining momentum.

Tue May 24, 2016 10:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like you are beating a dead horse to me.

Divided we fall.

Fri May 27, 2016 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Williamson seems like the kind of place where you send parts when you're not in a hurry.

There are quite a few like that. He's by far not the only one.

He must outsource quite a bit; stands to reason he may not want to tell all his trade secrets in that regard when people get impatient for their wares.

Perhaps he should be more like Randall Knives and tell everyone "5 years..." Then when delivered in 18 months customers will be elated. lol

Fri May 27, 2016 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
Williamson seems like the kind of place where you send parts when you're not in a hurry.

There are quite a few like that. He's by far not the only one.

He must outsource quite a bit; stands to reason he may not want to tell all his trade secrets in that regard when people get impatient for their wares.

Perhaps he should be more like Randall Knives and tell everyone "5 years..." Then when delivered in 18 months customers will be elated. lol

yep, or like the Colt Custom Shop who is booked over a year out for refinishing. To those who have never had real custom work done, a good smith is well worth the wait for the final product.

Divided we fall.

Fri May 27, 2016 10:33 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Agreed...IF we were discussing a gunsmith of Guild (or Colt Custom Shop) quality. Even those gunsmiths adhere somewhat to timelines and communication expectations. Mr. Williamson does not do Guild quality work, as evidenced by the absolute failure to perform even a simple re-barreling on a Lee- Enfield SMLE.

I have had work done by Guild gunsmiths, and there is no comparison to the poor business practices carried out by Mr. Williamson.

Let's stick to the facts and not put whipped cream on a turd.

Fri May 27, 2016 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The #1 rule when you own or run a business:

New customers are good, but repeat customers and good word of mouth is what sets you apart from everyone else.

Fri May 27, 2016 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
Agreed...IF we were discussing a gunsmith of Guild (or Colt Custom Shop) quality. Even those gunsmiths adhere somewhat to timelines and communication expectations. Mr. Williamson does not do Guild quality work, as evidenced by the absolute failure to perform even a simple re-barreling on a Lee- Enfield SMLE.

I have had work done by Guild gunsmiths, and there is no comparison to the poor business practices carried out by Mr. Williamson.

Not "Guild" quality? You have not seen the work he has done on multiple occasions for me personally. I'll just agree to disagree here (for good reason)

Divided we fall.

Fri May 27, 2016 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:

Facts. Ok.

1. Some people have had great experiences with Williamson.

2. Some people have had poor experiences with Williamson.

3. Some people have been very vocal about both sides of the coin.

Let's not cloud the overall issue with bias.

Fri May 27, 2016 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

New customers are good, but repeat customers and good word of mouth is what sets you apart from everyone else.

Happy customers will tell their friends.

Upset customers will tell everyone.

The reasons causing both are subjective. One guy's acceptable is another's OMG THE HORROR.

Some people like to be led by the hand step by step.

Fri May 27, 2016 12:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Happy customers will tell their friends.

Upset customers will tell everyone.

The reasons causing both are subjective.

One guy refuses to hire, and talks smack about my dump truck because it's white. Does that make me a bad contractor?

This isn't 1995 anymore old man. :bigsmile:

The internet and the ratings customers give a certain place of business can definitely affect your pocket, by either lining it or taking from it.

Fri May 27, 2016 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next