Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Walther CCP recall 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp-recall/#

Quote:
Walther Arms has identified a potential condition in Walther CCP pistols that could potentially cause it to discharge if dropped whether the manual safety is engaged (on) or disengaged (off). The safety of our customers is our paramount concern so we have voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a drop-fire occurring.

Please do not load or fire your Walther CCP pistol and contact us immediately to arrange to have your pistol upgraded free of charge.

If your pistol has already been upgraded, there will be a dot milled onto the back side of the magazine opening.

The upgrade will be done at no charge to you. For free shipping, please enter your information here, and complete the online form, making sure to include the serial number. After completion of the form a confirmation email will be sent including shipping information.

Please note: The serial number is located on the right side of the pistol (circled in red below)

Please submit your information here – http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp-information-submission

Please check this website and all safety notices on a regular basis for current information about your firearms. You may also contact us by phone at 1-866-503-3389, by email at ccprecall@WaltherArms.com or by mail at Walther Arms, Inc., 7700 Chad Colley Boulevard, Fort Smith, AR 72916.

The current time to repair your CCP is approximately 3 weeks from the time we receive it.

We appreciate your assistance and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BOLO section? Aren't you an admin? :bigsmile: :peep:

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

jdhbulseye wrote:

It was a test for potential new mods, you passed the first of 300 tests. Congrats. :bigsmile:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:

It was a test for potential new mods, you passed the first of 300 tests. Congrats. :bigsmile:

:party:

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it just me, or does that look like it's trying to be a hi-point?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometime last fall, I received my CCP back from Walther after performing the recall work. I was completely disappointed as the trigger was much worse than when I sent it in. It's gravely, grainy and drags through the pull. Half way through the trigger pull it actually sticks and needs more pressure to make it to the break. I re-cleaned it, lubed it, everything I could do on my own, in an attempt to smooth out the trigger pull. No luck. I was so bummed I just put in back in the safe and decided that I would either sell it or contact Walther. Well, I frankly forgot about it until I received a marketing email from Walther. So, I sent them an email explaining the situation, and advised that I'd be stopping by the Walther booth this week at Shot Show to talk to someone. The next day I received three emails in return. The first email contained the RCA form to return the firearm to Walther. The second email was a FedEx shipping label and the third was a request from their technical team, requesting an opportunity to investigate the firearm. That came the same night that I left for Shot Show. So I will meet the technician who emailed me while at Shot Show tomorrow. I'll return the CCP to Walther when I get back home this week. They are making good on my request so I am very happy so far. I'll post up the results when I get the CCP back.
:wagwoot:

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]