Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Canik Pistol "Product Safety Warning" 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From an email that I received from Century this morning:

Product Safety Warning and Severe Duty Upgrade

Century Arms, North America’s premier AK manufacturer, announced today the Canik Product Safety Warning and Severe Duty Upgrade Notice. This notice applies to Canik’s 9x19 mm pistols: TP9SA, TP9SF, TP9SFx, TP9SF Elite, TP9SF Elite-S. Canik’s other products are not subject to this notice. All Canik pistols comply with and exceed current industry and military abusive handling standards. There are no safety concerns with the pistols when used under ordinary conditions.
Canik is committed to continuously improving its product’s performance. Evaluations and tests have shown that repeated abusive dropping of pistols may result in damage to safety features and unintentional discharge.
DANGER: IF ANY FIREARM IS DROPPED INTERNAL PARTS MAY HAVE BEEN DEFORMED, DAMAGED OR DISABLED. The product must be inspected by a qualified gunsmith or returned for inspection after any significant impact.
WARNING: REPEATED IMPACTS TO YOUR PISTOL TO TEST ITS SAFETY FUNCTIONS WILL DAMAGE INTERNAL PARTS, AND VOID ITS WARRANTY. Firearm abusive handling tests can be dangerous and should only be conducted by qualified individuals in controlled environments with proper safety precautions in place. Canik does not recommend that any customer conduct drop tests or other endurance tests before or after this Severe Duty Upgrade.
WARNING: CONSUMERS SHOULD ONLY USE CANIK PARTS IN OUR PISTOLS. AFTERMARKET PARTS COULD DECREASE OR DISABLE SAFETY FEATURES OF YOUR CANIK PISTOL.
Canik is committed to manufacturing safe, reliable, innovative and affordable firearms. We are offering a voluntary upgrade to the trigger safety spring and firing pin block spring on the Canik models noted above. This is to further increase the safety of Canik pistols for enhanced drop discharge prevention in heavy/severe duty conditions that are beyond industry standards. The Severe Duty Upgrade does not alter any feature or design of the pistols. Canik will provide all parts and workmanship at no charge, but customers will be responsible for shipping costs.
Steps for upgrading your pistol? Our goal is to have the Severe Duty Upgrade process in place by Friday, September 8, 2017. After this date, please visit www.CanikUSA.com for complete instructions on how to receive your Severe Duty Upgrade.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool, just got my scorpion trigger pack, more free shit. Maybe they'll do the Glock and clean my shit for me too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I could barely understand what the hell they are saying..

So... it's not drop safe because the parts break when dropped, not because the parts aren't drop safe?

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:00 am

this is in response to the p320 issues I bet

someone probably did a similar test with the tp9 and it failed, so they're getting ahead of the negative sentiment

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't make it a habit to drop my Pistols, but tagged for the upgrade parts.
I have a TP9SFX.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I make it a habit to NOT drop my guns. Besides the failure only occurs when dropped during a full lunar eclipse. Disappointed about having to pay for shipping. Taurus always picked up the tab to, and from.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]