Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Oly/Tumwater/Lacey Mailboxes broken into 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a cheap locking mailbox, and the scum just bent the locking door out. I tried putting out a trail cam a couple of times, and the only thing I caught was Thurston Sheriff and the neighbors cat.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
I bought a cheap locking mailbox, and the scum just bent the locking door out. I tried putting out a trail cam a couple of times, and the only thing I caught was Thurston Sheriff and the neighbors cat.....

...together in various states of undress and compromising poses of passionate abandon.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”

WARNING: I DEBATE IGNORAMUSES FOR MY OWN ENTERTAINMENT

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

olydemon wrote:
I'm still considering a P.O. box, I just wish the Post office was closer and on my way home....

There is a Postal Annex about 2 miles from your house on Yelm Highway. https://www.postalannex.com/mailbox-rental/lacey/14009 It's similar to a PO box, but it's a private box, known as a PMB (not the mod)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
olydemon wrote:
I'm still considering a P.O. box, I just wish the Post office was closer and on my way home....

There is a Postal Annex about 2 miles from your house on Yelm Highway. https://www.postalannex.com/mailbox-rental/lacey/14009 It's similar to a PO box, but it's a private box, known as a PMB (not the mod)

Damn, never thought about that. Do you have to change your address? Or does the P.O. just forward all mail there?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We should not have to be inconvenienced on a daily basis due to thieving pieces of shit. Is it time to bring out the tranquilizer guns yet?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mcyclonegt wrote:
We should not have to be inconvenienced on a daily basis due to thieving pieces of shit. Is it time to bring out the tranquilizer guns yet?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mcyclonegt wrote:
We should not have to be inconvenienced on a daily basis due to thieving pieces of shit. Is it time to bring out the tranquilizer gunsflamethrowers yet?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mcyclonegt wrote:
We should not have to be inconvenienced on a daily basis due to thieving pieces of shit. Is it time to bring out the tranquilizer guns blowtorches and pliers yet?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
We should not have to be inconvenienced on a daily basis due to thieving pieces of shit. Is it time to bring out the tranquilizer guns blowtorches and pliers 16 inch black rubber dildos yet?

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”

WARNING: I DEBATE IGNORAMUSES FOR MY OWN ENTERTAINMENT

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 am

This is so frequent in Seatac that one of our city council members arranges group buys on locking mailboxes from Mail Boss.
The fact that it's a federal felony doesn't do much to deter since it's hard to ever catch them since the targets are all over the place. There been couple people who seem to have been doing it regularly for the past couple weeks here. A white SUV, but no plates. A couple pictures from security cameras, but well, it's a white SUV with no plates and nobody who has seen it has noticed the make or model.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

olydemon wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
olydemon wrote:

Damn, never thought about that. Do you have to change your address? Or does the P.O. just forward all mail there?

You have to change your address. Simple process, all online at the USPS site. You will also want to update your mailing address with your bank, CC, utilities etc as the USPS mail forwarding service only lasts for so long.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it happened to us in my neighborhood last week, the KCSO won't even respond, we had to fill out a report online (which I will bet a year's salary they will never even look at)

I guess when the find a dead SOB with a screwdriver in his hand laying in front of some mail boxes, they'll have to do some real police work.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have a 13 slot locking community mailbox and still lose mail.
I just chalked it up to plain old postal service incompetence.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It used to be that someone stealing mail got 5 years in prison. So no one did it.
Then the prisons filled up and they have to release 'victimless criminals' which is ironic because if your identity is stolen, you're a victim.

Same goes with what was termed "Grand Theft Auto", 5 years in prison. Not anymore.
The 23 year old that stole my son's Honda (and led the police on a wild chase, ending with the car totaled) spent 45 days in regional jail, and was out again. It was his 7th car stolen in 3 years......

Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of our community boxes is directly across the street from my front room window. I almost feel sorry for anybody I catch trying this shit. I watch my street like a hawk, and if I see a car out there which looks suspicious, I take a pic of the license plate and vehicle, tell them I did it and chase them off. We have had issues with drug dealing scum trying to do business in that area and I make it a point to be seen and heard ensure they know the are NOT welcome. So far, I haven't had a single car show back up after warning them to leave.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next