Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:37 am

Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Precise Shooter LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Winchester 1200-1300 or Ted Willims 200- 12G WTB Barrel 

Looking for a barrel for an old Ted Williams 12G. Barrels from a TW and Winchester 1200, 1300 and 200 will fit.

Thanks!!

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Bump! Anyone??

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Bump

Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've owned a Win 1300 Featherweight since 1988 or so. It's a great gun - point is I used to see all sorts of barrels in catalogs. Surely there is NOS or something out there. Good luck.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I checked out Numrich arms and CDNN, all out.
You'd thinkthose barrels would be all over the place.
I'd email both of the above and check gunbroker.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're looking for one of the hardest barrels there is to find.

They are on ebay all the time...but usually sell for well over $100-150 depending on what configuration.

A Sears Ted Williams barrel IS NOT a direct fit...you have to grind about 1/8" off of the bottom corners of the collar around the bottom of the barrel where it seats against the receiver. I know this because I have fitted several to Winchester receivers. The Sears receivers are completely different, they have a flat mounting surface where the stock bolts to the receiver. The Winchesters have a machined inset "V" in them. Several subtle differences.

I have lots of parts for the 1200/1300 shotguns...but NO spare barrels.

I've supplied parts to several members here... Including Fjordforder, Tincanbandit and Phish.

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well poop. I should have bought several barrels over the years. I love the gun, it's actually a beauty. Just avoid magnum loads!

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Well poop. I should have bought several barrels over the years. I love the gun, it's actually a beauty. Just avoid magnum loads!

They are a very nice smooth and fast action pump shotgun!

I got my first one at 12 in 1969...still have it.

I've probably got close to a dozen complete guns now and scads of parts for them. :thumbsup2:

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:26 pm

foothills wrote:

They are on ebay all the time...but usually sell for well over $100-150 depending on what configuration.

A Sears Ted Williams barrel IS NOT a direct fit...you have to grind about 1/8" off of the bottom corners of the collar around the bottom of the barrel where it seats against the receiver. I know this because I have fitted several to Winchester receivers. The Sears receivers are completely different, they have a flat mounting surface where the stock bolts to the receiver. The Winchesters have a machined inset "V" in them. Several subtle differences.

I've supplied parts to several members here... Including Fjordforder, Tincanbandit and Phish.

So it sounds like a 1200--1300 barrel will fit the teddy then without and grinding.

Ebay is an option, but its probably worth 100-150 as a decent home defense shotgun. so spending 150+ (seems to be what they always end up gong out for + shipping) would not make sense when we could find him a decent full length shotty for 200-300.

I just got that Win 1300 that was listed here yesterday and shot 100 clays with it today. Im pretty happy with it for 250.

I just need to find some other chokes for it now. It had a MOD in it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anything helps.

Still looking!!

Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
foothills wrote:

So it sounds like a 1200--1300 barrel will fit the teddy then without and grinding.

Ebay is an option, but its probably worth 100-150 as a decent home defense shotgun. so spending 150+ (seems to be what they always end up gong out for + shipping) would not make sense when we could find him a decent full length shotty for 200-300.

I just got that Win 1300 that was listed here yesterday and shot 100 clays with it today. Im pretty happy with it for 250.

I just need to find some other chokes for it now. It had a MOD in it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anything helps.

Still looking!!

If you watch G/B you can sometimes find used 1200/1300's from such sellers as Phoenix_Distributors for $125- 150 before shipping. They sell a lot of LEO guns and parts guns.

-- Travis A Kisner

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]