Switch to full style
This forum is to promote member-owned businesses and publicize services that members offer. One thread per business or service please, and please only create a thread for YOUR business or service.
Post a reply

Alert! 40% rate increase with Pemco Insurance

Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:51 am

Pemco is taking a 40% rate increase, so if you are insured with them, please be on the lookout for your renewal. They also will not offer an annual policy any longer, only 6 months. So, higher rates and a shorter term. Ask me how I know? I was with Pemco and it happened to me. Contact me to see what I can do for you.

Lora Zanin
lora@sea-mountain.com
425-207-3016

Re: Alert! 40% rate increase with Pemco Insurance

Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:56 am

Short response - fuck Pemco

Had them since 2009. Only one incident when someone broke into one of my cars back in 2009.

I would cross shop Pemco against Progressive and GEICO yearly. Every time Pemco was more expensive by a few dollars per year. A negligible amount given the service that had provided.

A year ago someone stole the catalytic converter from my Lexus. Didn't want to file a claim so I threw a pipe in there and called it good.

My wife's car was hit while parked. Didn't claim again.

Recently had a huge rate increase. Wasn't given a proper explanation of why.

Since the rate increase I decided it was time to fix things on their dime.

Sent pictures of the missing cat to them. I was told I needed a shop to give me a quote. It was a hassle for me to do so, but I didn't. Quote was $1800+ for a factory converter, Lexus labor and repair to pipe.

I get a check for $700. I called and ask why. They said they used their own internal estimating tool and went with aftermarket cat. I read the guy the riot act. Why send me to the dealer to waste my time only to use their own estimating tool? Not everyone here knows my fucked up situation but it was a hardship to take 3+ hours of my day to get that estimate which Pemco was aware of.

Now I've got to take my wife's car in for an estimate.

Once that's done Pemco can pound sand. I was a headache free client of theirs for over a decade. To be treated like crap was a let down.

Hagerty insurance - I was rear ended while stopped. Claim with them would have been easy. Went through person who hit me insurance to fight for more (which I got) and that was a hassle. Allstate. This was 3 years before rate hike.

Also Hagerty - Another car was attempted theft and vandalized. They sent out someone to take pictures. Few days later car was towed away and money deposited into my account. This is after Pemco rate hike.

Progressive - Lexus that had water damage to a relay on the hybrid battery. I took it to the local Toyota dealer. After their diag Progressive wanted to diag it at their facility. They towed it at no charge. Once they determined it was a total loss they sent me a FedEx envelope for the title. Once they got the tracking number being in transit of the title they deposited money into my account. Didn't even have the title yet, just the tracking number being used. Also after Pemco rate hike.

Pemco trash now. Highest rates and lowest service.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:29 pm

Farmers upped my rate 25% sometime after the first of the year. When I inquired as to why, I was told because the insurance commissioner had allowed a rate increase on base rates, so they raised them accordingly. They also will not give me a year long policy, only 6 months.

Haggerty has not (and claim they will not without a claim) raised my rates on my classic cars.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:25 pm

Hagerty is a good company --- they're picky. If you can get with a picky insurance company, benefit to you. If your company will take anyone, rates will generally be higher for everyone.

Insurance marketing has fooled people into thinking a big company that's available to anyone is a good thing. Yeah it's good...for the company!

My little neighborhood north of Spokane is experiencing a wave of non-renews for homeowner's insurance due to the fires. It also means not many houses will get sold since the buyers have no chance of getting insurance.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:43 pm

Normanator wrote:Farmers upped my rate 25% sometime after the first of the year. When I inquired as to why, I was told because the insurance commissioner had allowed a rate increase on base rates, so they raised them accordingly. They also will not give me a year long policy, only 6 months.

Haggerty has not (and claim they will not without a claim) raised my rates on my classic cars.

ahh same here, when I met wes and lora she was at farmers, she left and I've been with her where ever she goes,been 18 yrs. She has always given me better rates.

Give her a holler I wont hurt, you'll maybe even surprised.

Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:43 pm

I’ve been super happy with USAA for years, their service when you have a claim is awesome. Just added my youngest and it went through the roof, but what do you expect with two sons on the plan??

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:05 am

I got about 20% across the board with State Farm last go around. Everything else aside, they lost $13B last year on auto, and $6.7B overall.

I want to complain, but my wife has totaled 2 cars in the last 9 years. They took care of everything. After the first, her insurance went up about $30 a year. Most recent one in 2020, her rate went up about $12. So I figured I was due.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:55 pm

Call me stupid, but, maybe if the mandatory insurance laws were enforced, we could all have lower rates.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:09 pm

405 WCF wrote:Call me stupid, but, maybe if the mandatory insurance laws were enforced, we could all have lower rates.

You're not stupid. It's actually enforced much better back east. Many states will suspend your license if you don't have current insurance. But here it's 'soft welfare' where the 'rich' get to pay more to cover those that refuse to get insurance.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:38 pm

So, at least now we know what’s the real inflation.
Post a reply