Switch to full style
1/1/2018 New Years Day
Post a reply

Re: Unofficial grub thread

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:53 am

delliottg wrote:
dreadi wrote:It will be New Year's...So I'm bringing a Crock pot big enough for a large chicken full of Black Eyed Peas.

Should have plenty of extra power from our generator to keep it plugged in if you need it. We'll have our own crock pot full of curry and a rice cooker plugged in, but another crock pot should be no big deal.
Thank you.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:01 am

dreadi wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
dreadi wrote:It will be New Year's...So I'm bringing a Crock pot big enough for a large chicken full of Black Eyed Peas.

You're going to stuff a chicken with black eyed peas?

You used caps, though, so maybe the group, Fergie & all?

I don’t get it.

You're a mean, mean man....

:cheers2:

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Anybody able to bring;

Plates
Napkins
Water
Utensils

So far we have just shy of 70 people attending.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:31 pm

I’ll bring utensils

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Wacarry wrote:I’ll bring utensils

Thanks!!

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:39 pm

We'll bring plates

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 am

I'm planning on bringing 5 lbs of ahi poke (5 different styles, 1# each), plus 2 lbs of albacore poke. Does that sound like enough?

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:34 am

Guns4Liberty wrote:I'm planning on bringing 5 lbs of ahi poke (5 different styles, 1# each), plus 2 lbs of albacore poke. Does that sound like enough?

For me, yes.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 am

Massivedesign wrote:Anybody able to bring;

Plates
Napkins
Water
Utensils

I've got one of those 5 gallon blue Coleman jugs I can bring for water, we'll have bowls, utensils and napkins or paper towels. I'll ask Rita if we have any disposable plates. We can also bring some trash bags, but prefer not to drag bags of trash home if possible.

Is it possible to save some parking space up front for those of us bringing a bunch of food, tables, generators, etc.? While my new knee is definitely on the mend, I don't want to be humping 65 lbs of generator, or 40 lbs of water, propane balls, etc. back and forth on it. It'd be nice to be able to pull up into a spot reasonably close (instead of blocking people in like I've done before) and just drop the tailgate.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 am

delliottg wrote:While my new knee is definitely on the mend, I don't want to be humping 65 lbs of generator, or 40 lbs of water, propane balls, etc. back and forth on it. It'd be nice to be able to pull up into a spot reasonably close (instead of blocking people in like I've done before) and just drop the tailgate.

Regardless of where you park, please ask for help with the unloading. I know Rita will be loading it all before you leave home :wink05: , but we can help at the far end.

This goes for others, too. We have lots of manpower, and people are appreciative . . . so please use us. :bigsmile:

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:57 am

delliottg wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:Anybody able to bring;

Plates
Napkins
Water
Utensils

I've got one of those 5 gallon blue Coleman jugs I can bring for water, we'll have bowls, utensils and napkins or paper towels. I'll ask Rita if we have any disposable plates. We can also bring some trash bags, but prefer not to drag bags of trash home if possible.

Is it possible to save some parking space up front for those of us bringing a bunch of food, tables, generators, etc.? While my new knee is definitely on the mend, I don't want to be humping 65 lbs of generator, or 40 lbs of water, propane balls, etc. back and forth on it. It'd be nice to be able to pull up into a spot reasonably close (instead of blocking people in like I've done before) and just drop the tailgate.

There is a small cart that you can use to haul your gear, just in case you end up parked a ways out. Plus there will be a bunch of folks around. I’m sure we can get them to assist. ;)

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Massivedesign wrote:

Thanks!!

I picked up 500 ea. Of Forks, spoons, and knives. We should be covered.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:08 pm

Wacarry wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Thanks!!

I picked up 500 ea. Of Forks, spoons, and knives. We should be covered.

Aren't we the overachiever! :045:
I'll be bringing some paper plates, bowls, and water.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Costco used to carry a box with all three utensils. They switched to separate boxes that have 500 ea.
But my family and my gfs family go camping and have bbqs quite often so I figured they’d get used.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:54 pm

We need MOAR FOOD! Chips, cookies, etc
Post a reply