Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chuckisduck wrote:
Pablo wrote:
cmica wrote:
nice pablo, bet your soar

Just my wrists are sore. Always my weak points, and I do know how to PT the soreness away, but you think I do the PT regularly!? Ha.

Anyway those little fake bricks are 7.5 pounds, just a lot of them. The 3/4" drain rock, hauled in different ways. One day my neighbor with a little dumper ATV hauled some loads, but mostly I tow my dumper wagon with my Gravely ZT.

The worst are the 16"x24" pavers for the path to the garden heavy and hard to grip right.

Different motion you are PT with... Good work on the yard, got the same brand of riser covers as myself I think. Did you use anti-weed underlayment under the rocks? I re-did mine 2 years ago when I bought the house and it looks great still (rocks cover the riser).

Yes, even doubled up on the geotextile in some places. The good brands definitely work, just after some years dirt and stuff settles through the rocks on TOP of the barrier and weed get a foot hold, still easier to pull or spray.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
chuckisduck wrote:
Pablo wrote:
cmica wrote:
nice pablo, bet your soar

Just my wrists are sore. Always my weak points, and I do know how to PT the soreness away, but you think I do the PT regularly!? Ha.

Anyway those little fake bricks are 7.5 pounds, just a lot of them. The 3/4" drain rock, hauled in different ways. One day my neighbor with a little dumper ATV hauled some loads, but mostly I tow my dumper wagon with my Gravely ZT.

The worst are the 16"x24" pavers for the path to the garden heavy and hard to grip right.

Different motion you are PT with... Good work on the yard, got the same brand of riser covers as myself I think. Did you use anti-weed underlayment under the rocks? I re-did mine 2 years ago when I bought the house and it looks great still (rocks cover the riser).

Yes, even doubled up on the geotextile in some places. The good brands definitely work, just after some years dirt and stuff settles through the rocks on TOP of the barrier and weed get a foot hold, still easier to pull or spray.

Spray is the easiest, but daughter likes to play in the rocks. I ended up washing all the rocks and pulling the glass and nails that were there before, took way too long at 3 months but it was do a section at a time thing, plus insulated the septic tank since it was only under 4 inches of dirt with some xps, the bacteria is more active in winter now.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Replaced the dimmable 3 location light fixtures, now I can dim and brighten from each switch.

I had mechanical dimmers, but they are only at 1 location in a 3 switch setup. I would come home to find the upstairs controlled dimmer all the way down and would have to use the stairs in pitch darkness.

Lutron (and probably others) make switches and accessory switches in which dimming can be controlled from all locations, they are pricey but I don't want old people falling in the dark.

Their Maestro line does a good job (~$75 for the 3 switch setup), we we used the bougie Sunnata Touch line (~$250 for each 3 position setup) to match the house.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:47 am

Pic of little Mumsey trying out the new perch...

2 scrap planks from a collapsed fence + 5 zipties + 3 hours hacksaw and assembly work = 1 happy little treerat. :)

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s awesome!

My wife was asking me about the ‘puzzles’ you previously mentioned ( I told her about them when I showed her your pic).

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:42 pm

NWGunner wrote:
That’s awesome!

My wife was asking me about the ‘puzzles’ you previously mentioned ( I told her about them when I showed her your pic).

Don't remember if I found it on Temu or AliExpress whie trying to find something for one of my girlfriend's cosplay projects (don't look at me, I didn't build the circus I just try to keep the clowns from turning themselves into lion snacks or elephant toejam), or on Amazon. I had to use some mini popsicle sticks and upholstery nails to patch the flip-up section after Lefty tore it clean off the board. (Little dude gets surprisingly destructive when he's pissed! Good thing he usually limits his mischief to trying to steal peanuts off the cooler next to my chair on the porch. (Don't tell him I know what he's up to and put 'em there for exactly that reason, let him THINK he's pulling a fast one...)

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:52 pm

I'll go back through my purchase orders and see if I can find a link for you. :)

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool, she’ll dig that :thumbsup2:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:09 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Cool, she’ll dig that :thumbsup2:

Same as I got, just a slightly better price than the vendor I bought from currently has. (I paid about six bucks.) Caveat emptor with Temu - while I've had good luck, they ARE China and you really need to watch them on PII/privacy/etc.
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs= ... e_sn=10037
There's a part of me that wants to just offer to send you ours; after Mumsey was a bad girl and ran my little buddy off she's been put on notice that she gets no more treats or toys until she goes and finds Lefty and brings him home. (Which I don't expect to happen; based on the last time other squirrels ganged up and ran him off, he'll probably just wait for her to leave and then eventually wander back on his own assuming nothing bags him first.)

Seriously, part of me wants to go cut the zipties and take those boards down right now... yet another example in my life of how doing nice things for others only gets you them spitting in your face.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for taking the time to do that, but, like you cautioned, no Temu for me.

I’ll look for stuff we can do, now that you’ve given us the idea.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:41 pm

You might find the same thing on Amazon, or at a pet shop in the hamster section. Basically it's a top and a bottom board, with the flanges for the two sliders and a dowel-rod axle for the "flip" section sandwiched between them. The twist section pivots on a screw with a short dowel section pinned on covering the screw.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks!

Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made an origami wallet. Success after 3 failures.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My son is getting into golf and wants to start a golf pencil collection for every course he plays. So I made him this

Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next