Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Massive confusion on a scooter Oil change???? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fight Till Death wrote:
usrifle wrote:
You could have taken it to the dealer and been done with it. Instead, you have spent countless hours and Money on more Oil than it even holds and it would have cost less than taking it to the dealer.
Yeah, i guess you did it yourself to save a few bucks but was it worth it? You don't even know if it's full or not. (For those wondering, read the whole thread)

Well what you are saying is not true. I paid 150.00 just for the oil and filter. Most people including me don't have the dealer do such a routine maintenence. I think you need to read the thread again. I stated the dealer told me it wa full if the dip stick is reading so, so it is full. It's going to cost me about 40 dollars more then it shold have but last I checked the oil change by the dealer ran me about 350.00 total. My Math says I have no regrets. I leanred a thing or two for next time. Try not to be so negative.

I have to agree with the other commenter that you're getting ripped off paying $150 for the oil and filter in that. As a dirt rider with a couple KTM bikes I'm familiar with expensive wet clutch oils, but even the "good stuff" Motorex 10W-50 is only about $20/qt and I'm not sure your scooter even needs that.

This whole thread though seems like you came here for advice but then have been resistant to any suggestions to do it right or to actually learn what "right" is. I'm not sure what the point is, or why you asked on a gun forum instead of a forum for BMW bikes.

Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would a pdf of the oil change procedure from the factory BMW DVD manual help? My copy is March 2013 if it matters but it covers the C650GT Maxi Scooter.

Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yondering wrote:
Fight Till Death wrote:
This whole thread though seems like you came here for advice but then have been resistant to any suggestions to do it right or to actually learn what "right" is. I'm not sure what the point is, or why you asked on a gun forum instead of a forum for BMW bikes.

The site members generally want to help and some places like reddit are for trolling jerks.

He really should try a BMW forum. The Q7 forum I talk on is helpful to fix that pos.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:49 pm

Yondering wrote:
Fight Till Death wrote:
usrifle wrote:
You could have taken it to the dealer and been done with it. Instead, you have spent countless hours and Money on more Oil than it even holds and it would have cost less than taking it to the dealer.
Yeah, i guess you did it yourself to save a few bucks but was it worth it? You don't even know if it's full or not. (For those wondering, read the whole thread)

Well what you are saying is not true. I paid 150.00 just for the oil and filter. Most people including me don't have the dealer do such a routine maintenence. I think you need to read the thread again. I stated the dealer told me it wa full if the dip stick is reading so, so it is full. It's going to cost me about 40 dollars more then it shold have but last I checked the oil change by the dealer ran me about 350.00 total. My Math says I have no regrets. I leanred a thing or two for next time. Try not to be so negative.

I have to agree with the other commenter that you're getting ripped off paying $150 for the oil and filter in that. As a dirt rider with a couple KTM bikes I'm familiar with expensive wet clutch oils, but even the "good stuff" Motorex 10W-50 is only about $20/qt and I'm not sure your scooter even needs that.

Everyone knows you.get ripped off by owning a BMW, the problem here has not been any resistance to advice given me but failure to read the thread, comprehend what I am saying, take into consideration the information that I related before giving me any advice. I stated in my OP the facts of the case such as two drain holes only to have some come on here relating to me there are two drain holes AS IF I did not know that. So please don't blame me for anything. That is a redickulas (sp) charge.

As to why I came here rather than a BMW board is because I am frequently an offender of facebooks "community Standards" and proudly so, so that was not an option at the time. I have since posted about this and like you folks no one had any answers for me but to re hash what was already known and posted. They on the BMW groups have never heard of a third drain hole that the Mech himself related to me.

I might as well have seen and done an oil change on a UFO.

Thanks to anyone who actually tried to understand the problem and offer advice. To date no one no where has explained how a bike that holds almost 4 qts of oil only drained out 1 qt. My oil seems to be pretty clean too.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:43 pm

chuckisduck wrote:
Yondering wrote:
Fight Till Death wrote:

The site members generally want to help and some places like reddit are for trolling jerks.

He really should try a BMW forum. The Q7 forum I talk on is helpful to fix that pos.

I reported your post just thought you should know.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:46 pm

This thread is a prime example of why actual motorcycle riders sometimes look askance at scooter riders.

Last edited by Crstrode on Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fight Till Death wrote:
Yondering wrote:
Fight Till Death wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Everyone knows you.get ripped off by owning a BMW, the problem here has not been any resistance to advice given me but failure to read the thread, comprehend what I am saying, take into consideration the information that I related before giving me any advice. I stated in my OP the facts of the case such as two drain holes only to have some come on here relating to me there are two drain holes AS IF I did not know that. So please don't blame me for anything. That is a redickulas (sp) charge.

As to why I came here rather than a BMW board is because I am frequently an offender of facebooks "community Standards" and proudly so, so that was not an option at the time. I have since posted about this and like you folks no one had any answers for me but to re hash what was already known and posted. They on the BMW groups have never heard of a third drain hole that the Mech himself related to me.

I might as well have seen and done an oil change on a UFO.

Thanks to anyone who actually tried to understand the problem and offer advice. To date no one no where has explained how a bike that holds almost 4 qts of oil only drained out 1 qt. My oil seems to be pretty clean too.

I offered you a copy of the actual service manual. I’d like to make sure you’re pulling the correct plug on the bottom as there are more than one and the internet reference is vague.

Not all of us were being difficult.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lots of us on here ride, several of us have BMWs. We understand the complications of German engineering. I have to remove 48 bolts to pull fairings on my RT to work on most anything on it, and 6 or 7 of them are well hidden... just how it goes with these machines. Asking questions about things you can't figure is a good idea, but don't expect folks to continue to offer help if you're just going to tell them how they are wrong despite you yourself not having an answer.
Best of luck with the scooter.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:24 pm

Crstrode wrote:
This thread is a prime example of why actual motorcycle riders sometimes look askance at scooter riders.

It's a prime examples of *** ****'s on the internet. To be perfectly frank.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:44 pm

When I explain the facts and they are not in any contradiction to to what people are advising and they then begin to be dicks about it, my patience lasts only so long. I have the two correct drain holes. I showed everyone the drain holes I used in fact, with photos! The mech says there is a third one, your service Manuel does not mention it. I'm not missing anything but why it only took one Qt. Rather than come up with a logical explanation like I expected it's blame the OP game. I am not having it. The issue is done and settled but I am not here to be called a Troll and disrespected by some of you. We don't know each other well enough to be carrying on like that. I like friends ok but I don't need friends like I see here.

I would suggest to anyone who thinks they can treat me like that from the comfort of their computer to block me so we don't have to go down this road again.Trust me when I say I am being very reserved in my replies this time around. I could go back and copy my text, copy the text of those who failed to read what I said, demonstrate where and when they went stupid, rub it right in their face as the record proves but I don't want to invest the time nor do I want to gives anyone that kinda beat down. Be a big enough jack wagon and I do that kinda thing. Just consider this in future threads and postings.

Pretty sure the basic rules of this forum like any require that if we can't say anything nice we should not be saying it at all.

Last edited by Fight Till Death on Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:57 pm

laneends wrote:
Sometimes I forget I am mechanical in mind, I saw the #1 plug and assumed it was mentioned, I didn't read the article.

That must be the third drain plug. I did not see that while under there, It feels like you have two inches of clearance to work with. SO the issue really is that third drain plug. I can get it next time. Someone said I should take it to the dealer but I learn nothing by taking it to the dealer. Shame on that mentality. Thanks for the photos. I knew there was a reasonable explanation for why one QT only came out and you have shown that reason. Rather then try and blame me for not getting the other two drain holes right.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fight Till Death wrote:
Crstrode wrote:

If you would have simply listened to people, you would have had a better outcome. CQBgopher offered you the download for the Maintenance manual for your Scooter and you ignored it.

Many people offered good advice, and i offered that maybe you should just take it to the dealer and save yourself some time, money, and grief.

Instead, you had an attitude....and paid 150 bucks for Oil and a filter and still failed. (Was that filter gold plated with 24k gold in the Oil?)

Take CQBgopher up on his offer, he was being very nice. That manual may have your answer.

As far as you last post above? Whatever dude....This is a gun forum not a BMW scooter forum. You need to check yourself, and your "patience" with the people who tried to help you is very telling to anyone who reads the whole thread.

One thing is for sure, you are going to "Fight til death" on your Scooter Oil change, hope it works out for you.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fight Till Death wrote:
laneends wrote:
Sometimes I forget I am mechanical in mind, I saw the #1 plug and assumed it was mentioned, I didn't read the article.

That must be the third drain plug. I did not see that while under there, It feels like you have two inches of clearance to work with. SO the issue really is that third drain plug. I can get it next time. Someone said I should take it to the dealer but I learn nothing by taking it to the dealer. Shame on that mentality. Thanks for the photos. I knew there was a reasonable explanation for why one QT only came out and you have shown that reason. Rather then try and blame me for not getting the other two drain holes right.

That answer was given on July 13th, and you finally acknowledge it.

So did you get the 4 quarts out yet? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clean oil is overrated.
:popcorn:

Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Fight Till Death wrote:
Crstrode wrote:

If you would have simply listened to people, you would have had a better outcome. CQBgopher offered you the download for the Maintenance manual for your Scooter and you ignored it.

Many people offered good advice, and i offered that maybe you should just take it to the dealer and save yourself some time, money, and grief.

Instead, you had an attitude....and paid 150 bucks for Oil and a filter and still failed. (Was that filter gold plated with 24k gold in the Oil?)

Take CQBgopher up on his offer, he was being very nice. That manual may have your answer.

As far as you last post above? Whatever dude....This is a gun forum not a BMW scooter forum. You need to check yourself, and your "patience" with the people who tried to help you is very telling to anyone who reads the whole thread.

One thing is for sure, you are going to "Fight til death" on your Scooter Oil change, hope it works out for you.

I’m probably on his ignore list

Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next