Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is a very nice gift for your son.

And a cool wallet.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
My son is getting into golf and wants to start a golf pencil collection for every course he plays. So I made him this

That’s pretty cool! :thumbsup2:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Built a quick potting bench for the Mrs. Out of a pallet and left over cedar

Massively repotted the bamboo we moved finally.

Hung two new light fixtures in the breezeway

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
My son is getting into golf and wants to start a golf pencil collection for every course he plays. So I made him this

That’s pretty cool! :thumbsup2:

Thank you! It was a simple project, but it made my son happy. Which is the whole point!

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:

Pretty cool project. I don't think I've seen anything like it. Do the pencils need to be shortened to fit?

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

That potting bench turned out great!

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
Pablo wrote:

That potting bench turned out great!

Just something that gets dirt on it, dirt falls through and sits in the rain- essentially free sticks screwed together. I usually just burn pallets. The whole thing no planning took me maybe 45 minutes. The only thing I cheated on is one of the 2x2s is fir. Haha haha

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Pretty cool project. I don't think I've seen anything like it. Do the pencils need to be shortened to fit?

Golf pencils are made short. They are only 3 inches long when new

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
mmalleck wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Golf pencils are made short. They are only 3 inches long when new

Yep.

It’s eliminates pencil-envy…

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finished up yet another minimalist wallet.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:21 pm

Got the leaf blower back running yesterday!!!! For some reason it went from running perfectly to just being able to start and idle (half ass) at half throttle and half choke --- touch either and it would die. I know I had an extra pump/valve gasket left over from a previous kit so I gave that a try..... no dice. I went ahead and ordered up a (pair) of rebuild kits off amazon - one for $7 or two for $8 - no brainer there. Glad I got the rebuild kits (with all the small parts) instead of the gasket kit..... Usually, all it would take is to replace the gaskets/diaphragms and it would be good as new --- this time the new parts made no difference!?!?!?! Kinda pissed and worried something deeper was wrong, I decided to replace the needle valve and spring just out of desperation.... Trying to get that damn little spring for the needle valve under the lifting arm was a real challenge. Got it all back together and its running like a champ again!!! Definitely needed to deal with all the goddamn pollen! This is the first time I've HAD to replace the needle valve/spring parts to make it run --- usually I'd ignore them or replace 'just because'.... So glad I got the rebuild kit instead of just the gaskets/diaphragms --- and now I have a back up for when its needed in another 4-5 years.... I just hope I can find it when I need it. 25 years and its still going!!!

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 am

Progress and problems on the B-36.

Progress: Got the first bit of primer applied to some pieces. Even just as parts matte balck just looks evil as hell.

Problems: Parts fit means I can't really sand/fill a lot of the rough spots until the pieces are permanently joined, which means I have to build and install the electricals first THEN build the plane around them. I CAN join lower wing to fuselage, but that's looking like about it until I settle on motors and get the internal wiring-harness built and mounts cut.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Redone redid my sail and light poles. Summer sail goes up tomorrow

Changed sail poles to 2”. 1” way too noodley

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Got the leaf blower back running yesterday!!!! For some reason it went from running perfectly to just being able to start and idle (half ass) at half throttle and half choke --- touch either and it would die. I know I had an extra pump/valve gasket left over from a previous kit so I gave that a try..... no dice. I went ahead and ordered up a (pair) of rebuild kits off amazon - one for $7 or two for $8 - no brainer there. Glad I got the rebuild kits (with all the small parts) instead of the gasket kit..... Usually, all it would take is to replace the gaskets/diaphragms and it would be good as new --- this time the new parts made no difference!?!?!?! Kinda pissed and worried something deeper was wrong, I decided to replace the needle valve and spring just out of desperation.... Trying to get that damn little spring for the needle valve under the lifting arm was a real challenge. Got it all back together and its running like a champ again!!! Definitely needed to deal with all the goddamn pollen! This is the first time I've HAD to replace the needle valve/spring parts to make it run --- usually I'd ignore them or replace 'just because'.... So glad I got the rebuild kit instead of just the gaskets/diaphragms --- and now I have a back up for when its needed in another 4-5 years.... I just hope I can find it when I need it. 25 years and its still going!!!

That is a damned miracle! Good job. I have an expensive gas weed trimmer that has never worked right and I finally switched to electric and never looked back.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:02 pm

I 'think' what may have been happening too is that the fuel line may have been cracked right at the barb for the carb..... I had that problem on my weed whacker - starts sucking in air - I wasn't able to see the fuel lines to verify, but I did cut ~1/2" off both lines when I reassembled after fighting the needle valve and spring. I toyed with the thought of replacing the fuel lines, but that would have required splitting the unit open completely to gain access..... I really didn't want to take that on yet.

I still have 3/4 of a quart of 2 stroke oil --- so I'm not gonna give up the leafblower or weedwhacker anytime soon.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 1125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75