Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:11 am

Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar






Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 WTB GSM Cell phone 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Mount Vernon
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012
Posts: 477
Well I played with fire and got burned. Bought a phone of CL and it worked for 6 months but as of this morning the kids account got canceled and he never paid off phone. So now I have a really sweet IP7 brick. Looking for a unlocked GSM phone from a trusted source. Have cash or trade. thanks

_________________
Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.


Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bothell, WA
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015
Posts: 782
looking for GSM phone is like saying looking for a car. there are far too many variables.
touch screen, flip phone, candy bar, ios, android, windows, big, small, lcd, amoled, flash, ipxx rating, fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm headjack, usb-c. LTE band 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,12,15, 20,22, hsdpa+, hsdpa, umts, edge band 10... you get the point.

let's start with this, do you have ATT or Tmobile?


Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:48 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011
Posts: 2772
Real Name: David
Forged wrote:
looking for GSM phone is like saying looking for a car. there are far too many variables.
touch screen, flip phone, candy bar, ios, android, windows, big, small, lcd, amoled, flash, ipxx rating, fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm headjack, usb-c. LTE band 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,12,15, 20,22, hsdpa+, hsdpa, umts, edge band 10... you get the point.

let's start with this, do you have ATT or Tmobile?


Pretty sure if he's specific about a GSM phone, he's got one or the other, or another company piggybacking off of their networks.

_________________
David
Unique Treen
Image


Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Mount Vernon
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012
Posts: 477
Unlocked GSM phone would be about tops. Right now I has a cool wifi only web surfer. I have t-mobile. I feel most people don't know, care, or understand about the bands and I generally look that info up while looking at a phone.


So I'm open to phones that supports;
LTE Frequencies:
1700 MHz & 2100 MHz AWS band 4
1900 MHz PCS band 2 (in refarmed areas)
Lower 700 MHz band 12 (in development) / in service in selected areas

3G/4G Frequencies (WCDMA):
1700 MHz & 2100 MHz AWS band 4
1900 MHz PCS band 2 (in refarmed areas)

2G Frequencies (GSM/GPRS/EDGE):
1900 MHz PCS band 2

Beyond on that; functional, paid off and inexpensive please.

Do you have a drawer full of phones did that help narrow it down?

Thanks

_________________
Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.


Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:10 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bothell, WA
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015
Posts: 782
sounds like you are looking for bang for your buck.
what's your budget? i'm a hobbyist and dink around with phones and hardware on a daily basis. aka nerd.


wilmermj wrote:
Unlocked GSM phone would be about tops. Right now I has a cool wifi only web surfer. I have t-mobile. I feel most people don't know, care, or understand about the bands and I generally look that info up while looking at a phone.


So I'm open to phones that supports;
LTE Frequencies:
1700 MHz & 2100 MHz AWS band 4
1900 MHz PCS band 2 (in refarmed areas)
Lower 700 MHz band 12 (in development) / in service in selected areas

3G/4G Frequencies (WCDMA):
1700 MHz & 2100 MHz AWS band 4
1900 MHz PCS band 2 (in refarmed areas)

2G Frequencies (GSM/GPRS/EDGE):
1900 MHz PCS band 2

Beyond on that; functional, paid off and inexpensive please.

Do you have a drawer full of phones did that help narrow it down?

Thanks


Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:15 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Mount Vernon
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012
Posts: 477
I don't know about bang for buck, more just not interested in paying outrageous prices for a used cell phone or electronic devices in general.

100 to 300 is my phone zone.

I consider myself an Ex-nerd. I can learn but I don't just don't care anymore. The more tech the more complicated our life's have become.

_________________
Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.


Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:28 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bothell, WA
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015
Posts: 782
here's 3 options.

1. honor 5x. $170 brand new!. it'll get the job done and then some., lots of features fully unlocked and compatible with all aws, including Tmobiles awkward 1700 htz.
https://www.amazon.com/Honor-5X-Unlocke ... s=honor+5x

2. moto g5, unlocked. fully compatible with all carriers in U.S and international including the ass backward CDMA (verizon and sprint). $229 brand new!.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5MEKSW/re ... UTF8&psc=1

2. Galaxy a7,. fully compatible on all frequencies. fully unlocked. $280 for a like new one on amazon or brand new for $330. this is on my favorite one as it has an AMOLED screen, it is IP68 waterproof and supports USB-C charging. you can also get the smaller body (a5) version for the same price on amazon. just a preference how big you want the phone to be.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... dition=all



wilmermj wrote:
I don't know about bang for buck, more just not interested in paying outrageous prices for a used cell phone or electronic devices in general.

100 to 300 is my phone zone.

I consider myself an Ex-nerd. I can learn but I don't just don't care anymore. The more tech the more complicated our life's have become.


Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:45 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 30864
Real Name: Dan
Forged wrote:
2. Galaxy a7,. fully compatible on all frequencies. fully unlocked. $280 for a like new one on amazon or brand new for $330. this is on my favorite one as it has an AMOLED screen, it is IP68 waterproof and supports USB-C charging. you can also get the smaller body (a5) version for the same price on amazon. just a preference how big you want the phone to be.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... dition=all



Stay away from the A7. Those chassis are extremely flimsy and the screen and digitizer crack from just looking at it wrong. Total pieces of crap.

If you still like the iPhone variant, you can find an iPhone SE for less than $300, NEW and unlocked.
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-SE- ... =iphone+Se

But going from the larger form factor of the 7 to an SE will be tough. If you go iphone 6s, then you can be the same size as your 7, and just one generation back.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_0? ... 2335753011


Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons UPAMMO


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 1.111s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]