Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Review of LowPriceGuns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a gun once. I did not use my SSN. Ever!!

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FWIW I've bought several from them and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. I never put my SSN on the form for just the reason you mention, but I'm more concerned that they have paper lying around with my SSN than someone remembering it.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Did you tell the person to stop messing with your gun? Did you tell the person to stop reading your information out loud?

Nope! I just passive-aggressively bitch about it online later. :) It's the Seattle way right?

Chrisb9381 wrote:
FWIW I've bought several from them and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. I never put my SSN on the form for just the reason you mention, but I'm more concerned that they have paper lying around with my SSN than someone remembering it.

I'm glad you had a positive experience. Maybe I should leave my SSN off the forms next time and see if I still achieve an approval.

never_to_much wrote:
It's also procedure to make sure a gun is clear before handing it over normal step is remove source of possible ammo clear gun.
Not knowing that he tried and then had to cycle the gun with mag to make sure it was clear. I see no fault on the employee of this facility. Just normal operations.

I can agree with this safety process. But you don't need to cycle it 6 times, just pull it back once. It appeared to be an attitude of "I get to play with and fondle all the guns that come into this store, even though they aren't mine." It was a lack of respect for me and my property. I wonder if they open their siblings presents, take them out of the box, and play with them before the recipient does.

When I'm not familiar with something, I ask questions and read the manual.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's hilarious. I have bought guns from them in the past. Frankly I agree, they fondle stuff. A lot. I always was finding some dent, scratch or ding on new items.

I pretty much always go see Randy now. He has a courteous reach around policy.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More importantly where is the pic of the seecamp? That's high on my list of 32's I want.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:09 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

snozzberries wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Did you tell the person to stop messing with your gun? Did you tell the person to stop reading your information out loud?

Nope! I just passive-aggressively bitch about it online later. :) It's the Seattle way .
You got that right.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've received confirmation from the seller that the box was shipped factory sealed. Is an FFL required by law to break the factory seal on a brand-new firearm?

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:18 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Never had an issue with them and I have bought 5 guns from them. I guess I never payed attention when they called it in. I can see the reason to open the box and clear it but nothing like your talking about.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

snozzberries wrote:
I've received confirmation from the seller that the box was shipped factory sealed. Is an FFL required by law to break the factory seal on a brand-new firearm?

Yes. They need to get the serial # off of the firearm to enter into their A&D books.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

Yes. They need to get the serial # off of the firearm to enter into their A&D books.

Even if it's on the outside of the box? Doesn't the manufacturer need to open the box to do the same? Doesn't the seller need to open the box to do the same?

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

Even if it's on the outside of the box? Doesn't the manufacturer need to open the box to do the same? Doesn't the seller need to open the box to do the same?

I wouldn't expect an FFL dealer doing a transfer to trust the box label to match the firearm inside. Especially for something they didn't order directly from the factory or distributor.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:32 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

never_to_much wrote:
. . . did anyone have a pen and paper writing your information down or do you think that they can store that information from just briefly hearing it. . . .

Don't all cell phones have a voice recorder capability these days? Mine's pretty easy to start without removing it from my pocket, and the mic picks up nearby voices through shirt material.

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:05 am
Profile WWW

snozzberries wrote:

If your FFL is worth anything they get the serial number off the firearm, not the box. They also check the chamber. I wouldn't be worried about either of those issues. Also, I researched Seecamps extensively before the recent influx of pocket pistols (and decided to go a different direction) and never heard about cycling the slide without a magazine so it's probably not common knowledge.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

If your FFL is worth anything they get the serial number off the firearm, not the box. They also check the chamber. I wouldn't be worried about either of those issues. Also, I researched Seecamps extensively before the recent influx of pocket pistols (and decided to go a different direction) and never heard about cycling the slide without a magazine so it's probably not common knowledge.

So is it even possible to buy a NIB firearm and keep it NIB?

If something isn't common knowledge, that's what owners manuals are for. When you see a firearm that belongs to somebody else, do you just pick it up and start messing with it? Or do you ask them about it and learn?

I've purchased 7 firearms from 7 different FFL's(I know, not many), and this was the only experience I was disappointed in. Just came here to share my thoughts and see if my expectations were unreasonable. Glad to hear others haven't had the same.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IMO NIB =/= sealed box. NIB means never fired, carried, loaded, etc. I'm sure you could find some safe queens made before you were born that are still NIB.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next