Ok, it's official, it's on.. It's going to happen. When:
06.20.2015 from 9am until... doneWhere:
Lower Triangle Pit/Quarry @ Capitol Forest OlympiaWhy:
DNR is getting tired of people using shooting pits as refuse dumps. We, being responsible shooters, are at risk of loosing these public areas for shooting because of the carelessness of others. We at WaGuns have been asked by DNR to come help out, to keep these areas open.
This will be a clean-n-shoot event! We will spend the first part of the day cleaning up the trash and debris, then we will shoot, share, and maybe even eat!
All are invited to attend. Husbands, wives, kids, boyfriends, girlfriends, mistresses and even Talons...Location of the event:
Lon:123° 4'19.28"WGoogle Maps Location
We are working with DNR to open the gates for us so we can drive right in and park where we clean, which will be a bonus!
We are also working at getting some yard signs made up to leave when we are done;
*** Driving Directions ***
1) I5 - HWY 101 North
2) Take Black Lake Blvd Exit off of 101
3) Turn LEFT on Black Lake Blvd
4) Follow until the road ends at Delphi (about 4 miles)
5) Take RIGHT on Delphi
6) Go about 2 miles, take RIGHT on Waddell Creek Road
7) Go about 3 miles and look for the "Entering Capitol Forest" Sign, shortly after that, take a LEFT to stay on Waddell Creek Road
8) The Pit location is 300 yards down the road, on the LEFT
I am planning on getting there early, to get the gate open etc. Depending on help with me, I'll see if I can get a banner hung at the entrance.