Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Homemade Irish Cream Liquor 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Having recently discovered the medicinal effects of distilled beverages, some method had to be found to overcome my body's rejection of high alcohol content liquids if I was to continue to enjoy the pain-free condition that they give.

BadKarma suggested a non-Bailey's alternative (~1/3 $) and a few minutes later MadPick asked me if I had more $ or willpower. That was easy to answer. hah

So he shared this link : https://www.browneyedbaker.com/homemade ... am-recipe/

1-2/3 C Irish Whisky
1 C Half and Half (or Heavy Cream
I Can sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract and
1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee

I had most of the ingredients kind of... Had Canadian Whisky instead of Irish... and had the ingredients to whip up a batch of chocolate syrup.

So had to make the chocolate syrup first, and syrups don't lend themselves to small batches. Oh well. I bet I can find a Balrog who will help disappear it soon.
1-1/2 C water
1-1/2 C white sugar
1 C Cocoa powder....
Dash of salt

Mix it up in the blender....

Then I used the empty whisky bottle for the new Irish Cream... No mistaking that for whisky.

SxS, Homemade on the left, Bailey's on the right:

And now the comparison... *sip* Hmm. The homemade has a nice taste, a little strong on the alcohol for me, but for flavor seems good.
*sip* The Bailey;s is thicker... Taste is very similar to the homemade.
I finished each in sip by sip comparisons... and theyt both seamedd to sort uf start taisting thu saim tow wers the ind of my teist testing... boiwth varey goood, i cant feal my tung

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Looks like a LOT more research is in order..... :thumbsup2:

That's all the rest of us are doing.....research :cheers2:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

So much truth to that ending, eh?

I found two things odd about your post:

1) Making chocolate syrup. Yep, Balrog will appreciate it but next time just buy cheap shit generic Hershey's alternative. If in doubt about the quality, simply double the amount you're using.

2) Putting the homemade Irish cream into the whiskey bottle. Seems like a lot of work, plus you lose all that goodness that sticks to the side of every container you use, so you want to minimize the number of containers. Here's my recommended sequence, once you have a blenderful of goodness:
- Fill 12-ounce glass. Drink 12-ounce glass.
- Repeat the first step until the blender is empty.
- Lick the inside of the glass as far down as your tongue will allow. Up-end the glass over your open mouth for five minutes, minimum, trying to get more to drain down.
- Use your fingers to clean the inside of the blender, and lick your fingers. Be careful not to cut yourself on the blades at the bottom; if you do, be careful not to tip the blender bowl so you don't contaminate any more of the Irish cream along the edges than necessary with blood. If you do contaminate too much of it, then fuck it, drink it anyhow. Add more cheap chocolate syrup to mask the salt, as needed.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

NWGunner wrote:

Looks like a LOT more research is in order..... :thumbsup2:

That's all the rest of us are doing.....research :cheers2:

I'll put some effort in to catch up with you more experienced researchers. :cheers2:
Not today though. I have a headache this morning. Very rare for me.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
So much truth to that ending, eh?

Yes. Indeed. It was one of my rare Truth and Accuracy Posts. Let's call those TAPs for short.
In contrast to my Bloviating Longwinded Laughable Sometimes Hilariously Inaccurate Tirades.

MadPick wrote:
I found two things odd about your post:

I had no idea that I was so far behind my normal curve.

MadPick wrote:
1) Making chocolate syrup. Yep, Balrog will appreciate it but next time just buy cheap shit generic Hershey's alternative. If in doubt about the quality, simply double the amount you're using.

I know that I recently used this reaction... But it's so perfect here.
Mama don't buy no cheap syrups, man.

Papa likes cooking.

MadPick wrote:
2) Putting the homemade Irish cream into the whiskey bottle. Seems like a lot of work, plus you lose all that goodness that sticks to the side of every container you use, so you want to minimize the number of containers. Here's my recommended sequence, once you have a blenderful of goodness:
- Fill 12-ounce glass. Drink 12-ounce glass.
- Repeat the first step until the blender is empty.

What did I do to you? If I followed your instructions, I would leave Morgoth and Balrog all alone in this world to finish the house themselves.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'm using the product of the recipe above as a light pain reliever after a minor industrial accident that turned my knee globular in shape.

I've discovered that Irish Cream in coffee is either too sweet if mixed with enough (%Alc) or too weak %Alc if the sweetness is bearable.

I can't really handle strong alcohol, but can't enjoy strong sweetness. Yuck.
Does anyone know of a way to hide strong alcohol flavor without using sweeteners? Gah. Have to go brush my teeth again after that dose of pain reliever.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I melt down 75% cacao chocolate Trader Joes bars, folded into a gallon of Sequim Jersey milk cream - the stuff that hardens your arteries when you look at it.

Add the best vanilla extract you can find, a half dozen shots of espresso coffee fresh off the tap, and a half gallon of Everclear.

It clears the palate nicely while you are mowing down a plate of oven fresh bacon for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, or a late night snack.

It also makes a great molotov napalm cocktail. Well, theoretically, it should. Never found out, because drinking it is a priority.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:43 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

You just need to drink really GOOD whiskey and there's hardly any burn!

And practice helps, too. Spend some time sipping high-proof, cask-strength bourbons (usually 120-134 proof) and then anything 80 proof goes down like water.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:

And practice helps, too. Spend some time sipping high-proof, cask-strength bourbons (usually 120-134 proof) and then anything 80 proof goes down like water.

Truth.

For medicinal purposes, I use Wild Turkey 101. A fistful will knock your pain levels down handily. A double fistful will make your knees wobbly, but no longer hurt.

1.75 liter bottles can be had at Trader Joe's pretty cheap. And while not a great bourbon, it's not bad. A couple of ice cubes to open it up and it's pretty drinkable.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
DGM33 wrote:

Truth.

For medicinal purposes, I use Wild Turkey 101. A fistful will knock your pain levels down handily. A double fistful will make your knees wobbly, but no longer hurt.

1.75 liter bottles can be had at Trader Joe's pretty cheap. And while not a great bourbon, it's not bad. A couple of ice cubes to open it up and it's pretty drinkable.

Stay away from The Bird Mike! Last time I medicated with it I made snow angels in my asphalt driveway. It hadn't snowed.

Another quasi pro tip on downing stronger booze - Hold your breath momentarily as you drink and swallow the shot. Often times it is the smell or effect on yer schnozz that causes the system revolt. Just for fun, try downing a shot while pinching your nose shut. See if that makes difference. If so, holding your breath, or slightly exhaling through your nose as you imbibe could fetch you around. As with most of life's more worthwhile endeavors, serious training and dedication to the task at hand will pay off in the long run!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cosmopolitan, redneckery style. Vodka and cranberry juice. With a little triple sec or lime, or both, if ya wanna add a lil sweet.

Almost won’t taste the fuel and if done right by the second one you won’t mind anyway.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:26 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Remember the chocolate cake shot from last year in Vegas?

-Frangelico (hazelnut licqueur) and Bacardi limon at 50/50
-Lemon wedge dipped in sugar

Take as big a shot as needed then suck the lemon. Easy chocolate cake flavored pain killer. Fast and effective, no sipping required.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]