Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Canning question.  
Site Admin
Site Admin

My wife cans, but she’s never shorted herself on liquid in the peaches before (she blames the people helping her...pfft).

Question is, will this air gap be a problem? In reality the jar will be eaten in less than a year. It did seal properly.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These will be ok, but the fruit above the liquid line might brown a bit from the lack of moisture. Just make sure they are stored properly and eat the ones with the least amount of liquid first.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They're fine...just turn them upside down every few weeks and they will resaturate.

-- Travis A Kisner

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks guys. So far I am 40 years botchulism free, would like to keep it that way.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good help is hard to find..... :ROFLMAO: .......

As long as it sealed well, you're good. Flipping the jars, as suggested, will minimize discoloration and taste variance.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:57 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
Thanks guys. So far I am 40 years bitchulism free, would like to keep it that way.

I dunno, you look to me like you got the bitchulism in spades. Beotch. Sup now? :bringit:

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Thanks guys. So far I am 40 years bitchulism free, would like to keep it that way.

I dunno, you look to me like you got the bitchulism in spades. Beotch. Sup now? :bringit:

:rofl9:

Oh, it's on now.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Massivedesign wrote:
Thanks guys. So far I am 40 years botchulism free, would like to keep it that way.

Well at least you don't have homosexual aids. Shit was scary in the 80's and early 90's

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sinus211 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

I can’t WAIT for the next person to reply to the PM email thinking they are replying to your offer.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

Well I've been BOTULISM free for going on 60 years...Can't say I'm "botchulism" free though...I've botched plenty of things. :thumbsup2:

-- Travis A Kisner

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:06 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Massivedesign wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

I can’t WAIT for the next person to reply to the PM email thinking they are replying to your offer.

I may have felt a little bit bad about this comment after you helping me out this morning.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Calling bullshit on that remark.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In Singapore, if you don't fill the jars to the top....

er.... wait. You said "CANning..." Never mind

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
At my house, if you don't fill the jars to the top....

er.... wait. You said "CANning..." Never mind

What goes on in your basement is YOUR business.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next