Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shark Steaks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For the fun of it, I looked up the company I worked for in SoCal. They'll ship it to you fresh, not frozen! For $29 / lb...... :ROFLMAO:

http://www.shopandersonseafoods.com/p-108-fresh-thresher-shark.aspx

At least it's good to know it's still available. Now just have to find a good deal.

Thu May 25, 2017 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chip wrote:
For the fun of it, I looked up the company I worked for in SoCal. They'll ship it to you fresh, not frozen! For $29 / lb...... :ROFLMAO:

At least it's good to know it's still available. Now just have to find a good deal.

Yeh, I found it as low as $10 a pound. Then the shipping.......................$60. To think I used to get it for $5 per pound, the good old days. :blackcloud1:

Thu May 25, 2017 5:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

QFC had swordfish for $16/lb ($5/5oz packaged previously frozen portion) a couple days ago.
Rather have yellowfin tuna, and I won't pay more than $8.99/lb for that and then only if I spot a piece or three that really stands out.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Chip wrote:

Yeh, I found it as low as $10 a pound. Then the shipping.......................$60. To think I used to get it for $5 per pound, the good old days. :blackcloud1:

So, I know this thread is over a week old, but wanted to mention that Northern Fish Products (2 locations in Tacoma) is advertising "Fresh Swordfish brought in Daily" for $12.95 a pound. They also have salmon & other stuff....

I have found in the past that the location near the water on Ruston, that also has cooked food, tends to cut things unevenly, so one end is thicker than the other, sometimes by 1/2" or more....that can be hard to cook well consistently....

I will try the warehouse location on S.56th next...

(edited for typo)

Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info on the Sword fish, but I'm trying to find what used to be cheap tasty on the grill Shark.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Thanks for the info on the Sword fish, but I'm trying to find what used to be cheap tasty on the grill Shark.

Sorry, bud...I just remembered there were swordfish inquiries somewhere and did a search....didn't pay attention that your shark thread had been overrun by swordfish talk....

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
I guess the shark fin soup industry has really killed it.

This is true. I work for a seafood company based out of Hawaii. When I started there 8 years ago, we always had shark for sale (mako and thresher). We stopped selling it in 2015 because demand dropped off sharply. It had a lot to do with people not wanting to be associated with what they perceive to be an unethical fishery. Consumer ignorance abounds in the seafood industry.

That being said, you can still buy it from Hawaii-based sellers because they can still buy it down at the local auction. You'll just have to pay through the nose for shipping.

One place you can try calling is University Seafood on 47th & University Ave in Seattle. I'm pretty sure I saw shark fillets in there recently.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
I guess the shark fin soup industry has really killed it.

This is true. I work for a seafood company based out of Hawaii. When I started there 8 years ago, we always had shark for sale (mako and thresher). We stopped selling it in 2015 because demand dropped off sharply. It had a lot to do with people not wanting to be associated with what they perceive to be an unethical fishery. Consumer ignorance abounds in the seafood industry.

That being said, you can still buy it from Hawaii-based sellers because they can still buy it down at the local auction. You'll just have to pay through the nose for shipping.

One place you can try calling is University Seafood on 47th & University Ave in Seattle. I'm pretty sure I saw shark fillets in there recently.

The whole idea was getting it cheap. After spending $700 on an AR-10 has me getting a fishing license. :bigsmile:

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2