Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Apple Wood... 

I didn't really know exactly where to put this, but after seeing two threads in this section dealing with meat smoking, I decided to put it here.
This winter was a nasty one down south, the first big snow wrecked a very large apple tree, snapping two rather large branches. I was out beginning the clean-up from it today. So far, I have a large pile of twigs and branches. I'll end up with a nice chunk of fireplace sized burning wood, unless someone wants to claim it for their smoking endeavors. This is just from what I could reach from the ground. There's still even more attached to the tree, since the branches didn't snap clean off. Diameters run from 2-3" to 4-6" and up to 6-8", plus there is discussion about removing the tree completely... again. There's little hope in saving the tree for fruit production, since I had cut most of the lower branches off from the trunks, the last time we were going to 'remove' it. Halfway through the cutting, and she decides to keep it... grrrr. Anyways, I have a shitload of apple wood, and no plans on smoking meat, if you want some, or all of it, shoot me a PM.

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you weren't so far South i would be all over this. :frust:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
If you weren't so far South i would be all over this. :frust:

Exactly my thoughts.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile WWW

So far south? I drive to Bellevue four days a week to go to work, been doing this for four years, going on five. Weird, here I thought far was the distance to the sun, or Jupiter and such.. :bigsmile:

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOD wrote:
So far south? I drive to Bellevue four days a week to go to work, been doing this for four years, going on five. Weird, here I thought far was the distance to the sun, or Jupiter and such.. :bigsmile:

Welllll, since you deliver, I AM IN!!! :thumbsup2:

Just playing.....

It's a great wood for smoking meat, so I'd take some if it were to work out. I could bring a van load up from your way (sorry, no truck, at the moment)

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:41 pm

You want the twigs and small branches or more like the firewood size sticks and logs...?

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOD wrote:
You want the twigs and small branches or more like the firewood size sticks and logs...?

If you're willing to bring it up to Bellevue, I'll take whatever you're willing to give me, and buy you lunch. I could try using some of the larger stuff on my lathe, never had any apple to turn.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]