Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 What's Your Favorite Cheese? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Humboldt Fog. similar to a Brie or Camembert, but makes them look like Velveeta in comparison - fucking magnificent stuff.

Mimolette - cave aged orange hard cheese that has rich nutty flavor - makes the red Leicester taste like dog shit.

Any cheese from the Willapa Hills Creamery - stuff so good, it makes you cry - Pluvius is awesome. You internet order and they ship direct to your door.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Humboldt Fog. similar to a Brie or Camembert, but makes them look like Velveeta in comparison - fucking magnificent stuff.

Mimolette - cave aged orange hard cheese that has rich nutty flavor - makes the red Leicester taste like dog shit.

Any cheese from the Willapa Hills Creamery - stuff so good, it makes you cry - Pluvius is awesome. You internet order and they ship direct to your door.

I had Humboldt Fog several months ago. Indeed, excellent cheese.

I've never heard of Mimolette, but if it's even better than Leicester, then I'm definitely interested.

Loving this thread already, cheese is one of my favorite foods.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:43 am
Profile WWW

Homemade mozzarella.

There are too many damn good cheeses that serve different purposes to list a favorite. But I've been on a Mexican cheese kick lately. Oaxaca melts really good so I'll nuke it then top with some chorizo for chip dip, it gets back to sold pretty quick though. Then there is quesodilla cheese, not the shredded mixed cheese stuff, it looks like butter and kinda feels like, it has a lot of fat in it. It does make a killer quesodilla. Cojita is bomb, it's almost like a fresh parm, really fresh tasting and crumbles up good. Boil up some corn slather it with mayo then copious amounts of crumbled cojita then lime and hot sauce, I put it on meat too.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the classic Italian cheeses from Gorgonzola, real Fontina to all the hard varieties.....Pecorino, Reggiano Parmigianno

BUT I really LOVE Spanish cheeses. Every one knows Manchego (which is awesome) but others are killer. Their blues are very very tasty.

Here's another suggestion: A real Roquefort. (not the shit in the dressing) Tasty.

Also since it's just my wife and I, we can't deal with a huge hunk of cheese - a deal can be had in the little end baskets at the cheese island at QFC, sometimes no good ones, other times some treasures

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
What's your favorite cheeses and what do you use them for?

For cheese to just eat as itself, my all-time favorite is Red Leicester. It's a great and flavorful cheese, similar to cheddar, but with a delightful nutty flavor. Not common, I snap it up whenever I see it.

I've also been a big fan of goat cheese lately.

I don't like cheese with dye, even annatto. Looks like it can be made without.

I love white cheddar. Good gawd I love a good Stilton!

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone like Cougar Gold Cheddar? I got some for Christmas and it was pretty damn good.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cheddar, any variety but Sharp holds my heart. Then Parmesan, Gouda, and on a rare occasion a good ol' slice of American.

A nice baked Brie is a common dessert in our home too.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love italian cheeses. One of my favorites is Taleggio. It's a semi-soft ripened rind cheese that smells like a dead homeless person's feet, but the taste is very mild, creamy and delicate. Great on a soft baguette.

FRESH pecorino (pecorino fresca) is amazing as well. It's not as sharp as hard pecorino, but still great flavor. It's hard to find though. Only place I've found it is Delaurenti's in Pike Place.

Buffalo mozzarella is friggin awesome too. Soooo much tastier than regular fresh mozz. Someone mentioned burrata, again phenomenal. Had a buffalo burrata at a restaurant in downtown Seattle once that rocked my world.

Love all blue's, gorgonzola, gambozola, maytag, etc. Just had some gorgonzola from trader joe's tonight.

God I love cheese!!!!

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, at trader joe's they have these little yellow bags of italian crunchy baked cheese things. Nothing like cheeto's. Holy shit are those things good. It's like little discs of burnt cheese, but not burnt. GET SOME!!

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massivedesign wrote:
Cheddar, any variety but Sharp holds my heart.

Divorce sale. Buy a website for cheap. :cussing:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:08 pm

The absolute best cheese I have ever tasted was Buffala Mozzarella made that morning at the little shop up the street from my sister's house when she lived in Naples, Italy. I cannot figure out why the rubbery stuff we get here is even called mozzarella. This was so smooth and creamy and wonderful, and so fresh that milk runs out of it when you cut it. That was followed closely by the Parmesan she had - I'd never sliced off hunks of parm and eaten it, but this was so good that's just what we did.

Bandon Cheese Factory used to make a smoked salmon cheddar that was excellent.

I love Brie, Gouda, Irish cheddar, and pretty much anything that says cheese on the label. Even American, Velveeta, and Cheez Whiz have their place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This stuff. Other delicious flavors besides balsamic too.

http://www.sartoricheese.com/our-cheese ... itano.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:02 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

HA! You read that the wrong way. Let me put it in with the proper punctuation.
Massivedesign wrote:
Cheddar, any variety, but Sharp holds my heart.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Punctuation is fucking. Key.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massivedesign wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

HA! You read that the wrong way. Let me put it in with the proper punctuation.
Massivedesign wrote:
Cheddar, any variety, but Sharp holds my heart.

Ok. We're back together again.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next