Switch to full style
Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Re: Crap, I started smoking again...

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Database updated. Three entries.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:19 pm

MadPick wrote:Database updated. Three entries.

:party:

Woohoo! Hey Lamrith, looks like you, me and Pablo made the best friend list!

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:19 am

Massivedesign wrote:
usrifle wrote:Pellet people.... :facepalm2:
Nice yard. :bigsmile:

First I was a bisquette burner, now a pellet person, soon I will be a chip smoker, and then a log huffer. Baby Steps old man...

Pablo wrote:Nice covered porch.

I'd invite you down for a spell, but you'd probably back out. :bigsmile:

Baby steps? You dont learn to swim by wading in do you? No, you learn by being thrown off the top kf a double decker party barge into the Columbia by an asshole uncle that wont let you back on the boat.........But anyway, one day you'll just have to go for it! Btw, not sure going to chips is the forward progression you think it is. I have a chip smoker, but its a Big Chief and I just use it for Salmon and Jerky.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:07 pm

On today's "What's Dan Smoking".... I needed to break in my new RecTec 300, so we tried pork chops!! Started off with a 12 hour brine of flinstones chops from Western Meats, then smoked with mesquite for 2 hours at 230 degrees, then rubbed with a home made rub and a quick reverse sear to seal the deal.

Best damn chops I have EVER had.

We also cold smoked 2 large blocks of mozzarella cheese, and are now sealed for 30 days to age.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Shit. Now I need to eat.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Those are some good looking chops Dan. :thumbsup2: Nothing like a nice thick Pork Loin chop.
I need to try the Cheese thing sometime, that sounds good. :bigsmile:

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 am

Wow those are some incredible looking pork chops. Amazing!!!

I do sorely miss Western Meats, Stewart's Meats, and particularly Olympia Seafood. The Gulf Coast seafood is pretty decent but doesn't hold a candle to Northwest seafood. I just refuse to eat the salmon here although good swordfish is easy to find and we do have a good selection of red snapper, flounder, and oysters.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Yesterday was a small pork tenderloin followed by twice smoked potatoes. All with apple wood.

Tenderloin was "okay". Needed more flavor, but will do it again. Potatoes were fucking amazing, light hint of smoke with every bite.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Ur tearin it up Dan!

What time/temp did you go on the tenderloin?

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:12 am

lamrith wrote:Ur tearin it up Dan!

What time/temp did you go on the tenderloin?

I did the tenderloin at 225 until IT was 135. I did a apple juice and honey rub down, then rubbed with some pork rub I have been using. Let that sit, covered in the fridge overnight, and smoked it in the late AM for a lunch trial.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Nice,
Believe or not I have found Montreal Steak seasoning to so well on port, both tenderloin and porkchops.

I used RecTec Big Ray's Smokehouse Rub on Port tenderloin last week and it turned out great.
http://www.rectecgrills.com/big-rays-smokehouse-rub/
Post a reply